TV actor Harry Morgan diesDecember 8th, 2011 - 1:18 am ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
New York, Dec 7 (THAINDIAN NEWS) Television actor Harry Morgan has died at the age of 96. Morgan is best known for playing the role of Colonel Potter in the iconic television show “M*A*S*H.” His son, Charles, announced the death saying Morgan passed away on Wednesday morning. Charles revealed that his father was recently treated for pneumonia.
Although Morgan appeared in more than 100 movies, he is best known for his role as Colonel Potter which earned him an Emmy. Speaking about that role during an interview with the Archive of American Television, Morgan said that his character was “firm… best part I ever had.” In most of the movies that Morgan appeared in, he played the roles of a Western bag guys.
Born as Harry Bratsburg on the 10th of April 1915, Morgan changed his name to reflect a famous character that he played for 20th Century Fox. He ended up with the name Henry Morgan and changed it later to Harry Morgan so that the public wouldn’t confuse it with that of a popular radio personality Henry Morgan. He later appeared on several movies and television shows.
Morgan is survived by his wife Barbara Bushman, three sons and eight grandchildren.
- 'M*A*S*H' star Harry Morgan dies in California - Dec 08, 2011
- 'Harry Potter' stars Carter, Fiennes to star in 'Great Expectations'? - Apr 25, 2011
- Daniel Radcliffe says that he is done with the Harry Potter franchise - Jun 20, 2011
- Veteran Actor Harold Gould Dies at Age 86 - Sep 14, 2010
- Today is the death anniversary of Harry Potter's parents - Oct 31, 2011
- Peter Fonda weds Margaret 'Parky' DeVogelaere - Jun 21, 2011
- No more Harry Potter for Radcliffe! - Jul 12, 2011
- Daniel Radcliffe can perform bizarre tongue tricks - Feb 16, 2012
- Bill Nighy had turned down the role of Doctor Who - Jun 05, 2012
- No more Harry Potter books: Daniel Radcliffe - Nov 17, 2010
- Harry Potter star Afshan Azad attacked by her family members - Jul 03, 2010
- 'A Very Potter Sequel' Becomes The Latest Rage - Jul 23, 2010
- 'Harry Potter' franchise to be honoured at BAFTA - Feb 04, 2011
- Ellen DeGeneres After Emmy Show Stars Harry Connick Jr - Sep 21, 2011
- Prince Charles laments end of 'Harry Potter' - Jul 11, 2011
Tags: 20th century fox, american television, colonel potter, emmy, grandchildren, harry morgan, henry morgan, new york dec, news television, pneumonia, radio personality, several movies, television actor, television show, television shows, tv actor, wednesday morning, wife barbara