Tusshar takes Ekta’s criticism positivelyJanuary 28th, 2012 - 6:19 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Jan 28 (IANS) The son of veteran actor Jeetendra and brother of successful producer Ekta Kapoor, actor Tusshar Kapoor has immense pressure on his shoulders to prove himself. But he says he considers his sister’s comments as constructive criticism.
Ekta is known to be a strict producer, and blunt with her words. But it doesn’t cause ego hassles between them, says the younger brother.
“Yes of course, (she criticises my performance) if she doesn’t like it. Films work when audience likes it. Ekta is also from the same industry, so criticisms are always welcome,” Tusshar told IANS.
“I do take her criticisms positively. Ekta and I don’t get egoistic about each other’s comments. We welcome suggestions constructively,” he added.
While Ekta’s production house Balaji Telefilms is on a roll with films like “Shor In The City” and “The Dirty Picture” doing quite well, does Tusshar plan to get into production anytime?
“I haven’t thought of it. We keep giving tips to each other. Ekta and her team have made some mistakes in the past and we have learnt a lesson from that. I am not getting into production so soon,” said the 35-year-old, who also played a part in hit movie “The Dirty Picture”.
Tusshar says he is still soaking in the success of the film.
“I am still in the ‘OOh la la’ phase since I was the part of the film. It feels great and exciting that ‘The Dirty Picture’ was in news since its making days,” he said.
In 2012, Tusshar is all set to do a film tiled “Chaar Din Ki Chandni” with Kulraj Randhawa.
Directed by Samir Karnik, this love story is about a Rajput boy and a Punjabi girl.
“I am playing a Rajput guy from a royal family. He falls in love with a Punjabi girl. He comes back home after studying abroad. He makes up stories to save his life from his father to make his love life a success,” Tusshar said of his role.
The release of “Chaar Din Ki Chandni” is clashing with that of his “The Dirty Picture” co-star Vidya Balan’s “Kahaani” March 9. But he is unfazed.
“I am not really nervous. Vidya Balan’s ‘Kahaani’ is a more serious film so the audiences are going to get divided. And Of course I will watch Vidya’s ‘Kahaani’,” Tusshar said.
- Kulraj looks out for challenging roles - a la Vidya - Mar 10, 2012
- Tusshar imitates dad's dance steps in 'Chaar Din...' - Feb 17, 2012
- Tusshar turns co-producer, says it's for money - Feb 22, 2012
- I've made mistakes, but satisfied overall: Tusshar Kapoor - Mar 08, 2012
- Ekta all about passion, hard work: Jeetendra (Lead) - Feb 15, 2012
- Bollywood woman power: Vidya, Ekta carry the baton - Dec 09, 2011
- Vidya Balan to do item number in 'Ferari Ki Sawari' - Jan 31, 2012
- Deepika's style statement (Movie Snippets) - Nov 08, 2011
- Shobhaa De predicts awards for Vidya (Movie Snippets) - Dec 02, 2011
- I'm sad if a good film flops: Tusshar Kapoor - Jul 21, 2012
- Woman power still far cry in Indian filmdom (March 8 is International Women's Day) - Mar 07, 2012
- Ajay Devgn my lucky charm: Tusshar Kapoor - Feb 29, 2012
- No one could get dirtier than 'The Dirty Picture': Vidya Balan - Dec 08, 2011
- 'Dirty Picutre' Vidya's bravest performance: Karan Johar - Dec 01, 2011
- 'Chaar Din Ki Chandni' merchandise on sale - Mar 15, 2012
Tags: balaji telefilms, chandni, co star, constructive criticism, ekta, hassles, immense pressure, jan 28, jeetendra, love life, love story, ooh la la, punjabi girl, randhawa, royal family, samir karnik, shor, tusshar kapoor, veteran actor, vidya balan