Tusshar Kapoor miffed with Comedy CircusMay 29th, 2009 - 10:46 pm ICT by Sampurn Wire
While Tusshar Kapoor might be famous for his comedies, this is one time he ain’t laughing Tusshar is very upset with a show called Comedy Circus. The show had made a spoof on Jeetendra imitating his Jumping Jack nickname and also his trademark white shoes. Tusshar says that the spoof had characters that imitated the mannerisms of both Ekta as well as him.
Tusshar revealed that the family was prompted to send a legal notice to the as they thought that they were ridiculed in it. The actor adds that he was also invited to be a guest on it but he turned them down after he saw the episode and felt that the serial had crossed the line in the name of harmless fun.
Tusshar says, “It is true that we had to send them a legal notice because we thought that what was done on the show was not right.
There were actors who presented skits that had characters which spoofed my dad, my sister and me. You can make fun but such coarse fun is not done. It was like an attack on my entire family and I was shocked to see the reaction of the judges who are also incidentally from the same fraternity. They were laughing their guts out instead of telling them that a line needs to be drawn for everything.”
He adds, “I was even asked by the comedy show to be a guest on it for some finale episode but I had to turn them down as I could not participate in something that attacked my family. We were very offended”
Vipul D. Shah of Optimystix said, “Ekta had called us and the matter
has been sorted out.”
- I've made mistakes, but satisfied overall: Tusshar Kapoor - Mar 08, 2012
- Ekta is all about passion, hard work: Jeetendra - Feb 15, 2012
- Tusshar takes Ekta's criticism positively - Jan 28, 2012
- Spoof not aimed at Bhansali's 'Devdas': Tusshar Kapoor - Jul 23, 2012
- Ekta all about passion, hard work: Jeetendra (Lead) - Feb 15, 2012
- Jay is back with 'Geet...Hui Sabse Parayi' (TV Snippets) - Oct 15, 2010
- No cards, we sent wedding invites by SMS: Neelam Kothari - Jan 25, 2011
- Tusshar Kapoor Wants To Get Out Of His Comfort Zone - Nov 06, 2010
- 'Bade Acche...' love scene was subtle, not vulgar: Jeetendra - Mar 16, 2012
- Never felt absence of dialogues in 'Golmaal': Tusshar Kapoor (Interview) - Oct 20, 2010
- I'll miss kids watching my film: Chunky Pandey (With Image) - Jul 17, 2012
- We suffer prejudices in Bollywood: Ekta Kapoor - Jul 03, 2012
- Tusshar imitates dad's dance steps in 'Chaar Din...' - Feb 17, 2012
- Tusshar Kapoor dresses like Johnny Depp - Aug 20, 2011
- Want to do dad's 'Caravan' or 'Farz': Tusshar - Jun 28, 2012