Tusshar Kapoor has to decide between parents and wifeMay 19th, 2009 - 11:18 am ICT by Sampurn Wire
By Joginder Tuteja
If not for the ongoing strike, Rumi Jaffery directed ‘Life Partner’, which is produced by Abbas-Mustan, would have already hit the screens. A fun entertainer, the film stars Govinda, Tusshar Kapoor and Fardeen Khan as the male leads. Playing thick friends in the film, the trio is seen to be having distinct views about the institution of marriage.
Even though he along with Govinda carry an image of being primarily comic stars, Tusshar insists that ‘Life Partner’ is not a regular comedy film in the offering. “Instead I would want to call it as a ‘romantic musical social entertainer’ with a touch of comedy to it”, says Tusshar, “The film deals with the lives of three men who have their own take on the institution of marriage. While I play someone who is a believer in arranged marriage, Fardeen’s character is far more flamboyant. For him, being in love matters most and all he wants is a love marriage. As for Govinda, he plays a pivotal fun character in the film who is a Casanova of sorts and doesn’t believe in marriage at all”.
For Tusshar, ‘Life Partner’ would be his next release after a super successful ‘Golmaal Returns’ that had released last year. Even though this film too follows a pucca commercial route, Tusshar asserts that the film has ample moments that would be pretty much identifiable for the common man.
“What you would see in ‘Life Partner’ is something that happens to every husband and wife”, says Tusshar, “A wife may think that her husband is no more the kind of boy friend he used to be before marriage. On the other hand a guy may be stuck between his parents and his wife. The film shows these characters going through such trials and tribulations.”
Though Tusshar isn’t willing to reveal much about his role in the film, he does mention that there is a sense of reality in the way characters are defined in the film.
In the film, Tusshar Kapoor plays a Gujarati based in South Africa while Prachi Desai plays his Gujarati wife who originally comes from India. Genelia D’Souza is paired opposite Fardeen Khan while there is a surprise element around the name being paired opposite Govinda.
Extensively shot in South Africa, ‘Life Partner’ was originally slated to arrive on 1st May but has been pushed for close to a couple of months due to ongoing producers v/s multiplexes tussle. With music by Pritam, the film in all likelihood would now be arriving in the month of July. -Sampurn Media
- Govinda, Tusshar, Fardeen team up for film on marriage - Apr 05, 2009
- Govinda plays womaniser in 'Life Partner': Tusshar Kapoor - Aug 11, 2009
- Tusshar Kapoor's Gujju guy act in Life Partner - May 18, 2009
- Movie Review: Life Partner (2009) - Aug 14, 2009
- Akshay backed out of 'Life Partner' over fee: Rumi Jafry - Apr 30, 2009
- Govinda brings the house down in 'Life Partner' (IANS Film Review - Rating: **) - Aug 16, 2009
- Prakash Jha advises Rumi Jaffery to shoot in Bhopal - Sep 23, 2011
- Tusshar Kapoor Wants To Get Out Of His Comfort Zone - Nov 06, 2010
- Why have I been such an idiot, wonders Annu Kapoor (With Images) - Jan 24, 2012
- I've made mistakes, but satisfied overall: Tusshar Kapoor - Mar 08, 2012
- Govinda ala re! - Aug 28, 2009
- Bollywood actors vend tickets to promote their film in Mumbai - Aug 17, 2009
- Adult comedy or musical drama - what's your pick this Friday? (IANS Preview) - Jul 24, 2012
- I'll miss kids watching my film: Chunky Pandey (With Image) - Jul 17, 2012
- Small, simple tales for moviegoers this week - Jan 30, 2012
Tags: abbas mustan, boy friend, casanova, comedy film, comic stars, common man, distinct views, fardeen khan, film deals, film stars, gujarati, husband and wife, institution of marriage, joginder, life partner, prachi desai, sense of reality, three men, trials and tribulations, tusshar kapoor