Tudors Star Rhys Meyers Heads Back to Rehab-AgainMay 21st, 2010 - 10:14 pm ICT by Angela Kaye Mason
May 21 (THAINDIAN NEWS) Johnathan Rhys Meyers is on his way back to rehab, to be treated for alcohol addiction. According to ‘People’ Magazine, a source who is close to the 32 year old actor states, “He just really wants to get better. This has been an ongoing battle for him.”
The Dublin Ireland native was said to have been ‘pounding drinks into himself’ at the private bar in the JFK airport in New York City. As he tried to board a United Airlines flight, which was headed to Los Angeles, he was “belligerent and disruptive,” and managed to not only get himself kicked off the flight, but was banned from ever flying with United Airlines again. It was said that Jonathan Rhys Meyers was screaming very loudly at the flight attendants, “Do you know who I am?” This is not the first time that the actor has caused a scene at an airport, nor is it the first time which he has went into rehab for this alcohol problem.
Rys Meyers was arrested in 2007 at an airport in Dublin, Ireland for public drunkenness. He didn’t seem to slow down at all, however, and in 2009 was detained for three hours by police in Paris at the Charles De Gaulle airport after he allegedly assaulted an employee of Le Quotidien, which is the airport’s lounge. The bartender there had refused to serve him because he appeared to already be quite intoxicated. Rys Meyers then got into a shouting match, and the bar manager, with the help of another employee tried to break the argument up. The actor actually hit the bartender and the waiter who tried to help calm the situation.
Hopes are that a new round of rehab will help turn Rys Meyers into a new man, and fans might get to see a better side if the actor. His talent is considered to be great, however, the actions caused by his drinking make being around the actor difficult at best. If he continues on the path he has so far chosen for himself, many fear it will end exactly where Lindsey Lohan’s has, with a career in the toilet, along with his head.
- 'The Tudors' Star Jonathan Rhys Meyers Headed For Rehab Again - May 21, 2010
- Jonathan uses N-word against airline staff: Report - May 18, 2010
- Jonathan Rhys Meyers banned from United Airlines - May 16, 2010
- The Star Of 'The Tudors', Jonathan Rhys Meyers, Is Visiting The Rehab Again - May 21, 2010
- 'The Tudors' star Jonathan Rhys Meyers is back in rehab - May 21, 2010
- Jonathan Rhys Meyers 'seeking treatment for alcohol addiction' - May 20, 2010
- Joanathan Rhys Meyers Drunk Enough To Get Banned From United Airlines? - May 16, 2010
- Jonathan Rhys Meyers' drunken rant at French cops - Jun 24, 2009
- European airports struggle to clear flight backlog - Dec 22, 2010
- Fly to US from Dublin with full customs clearance - Jan 10, 2012
- Bartending: New opportunities in the hospitality industry - Sep 06, 2012
- UAE envoy meets Irish finance minister - Feb 09, 2012
- Turtles block JFK runway - Jun 30, 2011
- Ireland may close airspace on Tuesday due to volcanic ash - May 04, 2010
- David Arquette Welcomes New Year With A Trip To Rehab - Jan 03, 2011
Tags: alcohol addiction, alcohol problem, bartender, charles de gaulle, charles de gaulle airport, de gaulle airport, dublin ireland, flight attendants, jfk airport, jonathan rhys meyers, lindsey lohan, new man, people magazine, private bar, public drunkenness, rys, shouting match, tudors, united airlines, united airlines flight