Tube-avoiding Sir Elton John wants helipad for his New Year gig!December 30th, 2008 - 5:15 pm ICT by ANI
London, December 30 (ANI): Sir Elton John has reportedly asked to be transported in a helipad for his New Year’’s Eve party at London’’s 02 Arena.
The English singer, who was said to be hosting the biggest bash ever, wanted to arrive with hubby David Furnish, since he could not be bothered with using the underground train, as per a source.
“Elton hasn”t requested anything outrageous, all he’’s asked for is a helipad… he simply wasn”t up for getting the Tube, the Mirror quoted a source as saying.
The composer-pianists gig would reportedly be also transmitted live in New York’’s Time Square.
The source added: “It’’s going to be the biggest, most spectacular New Year’’s Eve party in the world.
“The fact that it’’s being picked up across US networks is a massive deal - it means his audience is going to be in the millions. (ANI)
- Elton John wants helipad for New Year performance - Dec 30, 2008
- Gay Elton John 'fed up' with being treated like 'second-class citizen' in U.S. - Jan 24, 2011
- Katie Price 'flirted with Jamie Foxx' before netting Argentinean model - Mar 06, 2011
- Driverless tube trains for London - Feb 29, 2012
- Brangelina to marry in Britain - Jun 26, 2012
- George Michael sings for Elton John's charity - Nov 08, 2011
- Elton, David want second child - Apr 26, 2012
- British Airways workers may strike on royal wedding day - Jan 11, 2011
- Leon Russell To Be Inducted In Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame - Feb 10, 2011
- Elton John's son gets his breast milk via courier - Apr 26, 2011
- Elton John speaks for the first time after welcoming baby - Dec 30, 2010
- Lady Gaga is my son's godmother: Elton John - Apr 23, 2011
- My son cut me out of his life: Elton John's mother - Apr 29, 2011
- Beyonce, Jay-Z to perform at royal wedding reception? - Apr 25, 2011
- Elton John's son will undergo a paternity test - Apr 25, 2011