Troubled Cheryl Cole awakens her ’spiritual’ sideDecember 9th, 2010 - 5:42 pm ICT by ANI
London, Dec 9 (ANI): ‘X Factor’ judge Cheryl Cole has reportedly turned to religion after enduring her “worst ever year”.
According to sources, the singer has been seeking guidance from “higher powers” after divorcing love rat Ashley and battling deadly malaria.
“Cheryl has awakened her spiritual side. She has been tapping into higher powers for answers and guidance,” the Sun quoted a source as saying.
“She’s been doing some deep thinking - especially after malaria. Christianity is closest to her, but she’s open to other religious influences,” the source added.
Cheryl had a semi-religious upbringing in Newcastle, where mum Joan was a church regular.
Close pal Derek Hough is a Mormon, while chum Will.i.am is deeply religious.
Last week Cheryl wore a Hindu charm to X Factor rehearsals. (ANI)
- Cheryl Cole looking for spiritual peace - Dec 10, 2010
- Cole to welcome New Year skiing with beau - Dec 26, 2010
- Cheryl Cole bans 'Girls Aloud' pals to see her in hospital - Jul 14, 2010
- Mom approves of Cole's new boyfriend - Aug 22, 2012
- Cole to meet boyfriend's family - Aug 29, 2012
- Cheryl Cole wants babies, but not marriage - Jan 23, 2011
- Cheryl Cole 'was given just 24 hours to live after getting malaria' - Oct 22, 2010
- Cheryl Cole 'eyes US move for lover Derek Hough' - Aug 08, 2010
- Greeting from ex-hubby leaves Cole in tears - Dec 24, 2010
- Ashley Cole left 'close to tears' as Cheryl celebrates NY's with new lover - Jan 03, 2011
- Ashley and Cheryl meet secretly at former marital home - Jan 31, 2011
- Derek Hough dumps Cherly Cole - Jun 06, 2011
- Cheryl Cole being nursed back to health with mum's home-made grub - Jul 15, 2010
- Derek Hough says that Cheryl Cole is his soulmate - Jan 12, 2011
- Cheryl Cole 'moving to US with beau Derek Hough' - Sep 05, 2010
Tags: ashley, cheryl cole, christianity, chum, deep thinking, derek hough, guidance, hindu, london, love, malaria, mormon, newcastle, rehearsals, religion, religious influences, religious upbringing, spiritual side, sun, x factor