Tripura film on Tagore gets national recognitionDecember 29th, 2010 - 8:23 pm ICT by IANS
Agartala, Dec 29 (IANS) Tripura’s first documentary film - “150 Raibik Path” - made on the life and ideals of Nobel laureate Rabindranth Tagore has been conferred national recognition by a screening committee, an official release said Wednesday.The screening committee was headed by renowned film-maker Shyam Benegal.
“A screening committee under the chairmanship of Shyam Benegal recently picked ‘150 Raibik Path’ and recommended it for national screening by Doordarshan,” a Press Information Bureau (PIB) release here said.
The release said: “To celebrate the 150th birth anniversary of Tagore in a befitting manner, a national committee headed by Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and a National Implementation Committee (NIC) led by Finance Minister Pranab Mukherjee were constituted. In pursuance of NIC, the screening committee selected 9 Films and documentaries on Rabindranath Tagore including ‘150 Raibik Path’.”
The film was made by young Tripura journalist Sitangshu Ranjan De.
“Through this film I have tried to show that Tagore is relevant even today through creation of a collage of various facets of Tagore,” De told IANS.
He said: “In the course of this 90-minute film, I have tried to answer many questions on ideals of Tagore through a collection of paintings, pictures, interviews, snippets from other documentaries and movies.”
“The film is also a tribute to the great poet who had visited Tripura seven times between 1899 and 1926,” De said.
- 150 Raibik Path, A Tripura Documentary Film On Rabindranath Tagore, Given National Recognition - Dec 30, 2010
- Two mega Tagore film projects approved: Selja - Nov 11, 2011
- 'Films on Tagore Stories' put together for 150th birth anniversary - May 04, 2011
- Film festival on Rabindranath Tagore in Tripura - Jul 16, 2010
- Special 'Gitanjali' to mark Tagore's 150th birth anniversary - Feb 04, 2012
- Sri Lanka celebrates Tagore's 150th birth anniversary - May 09, 2011
- Documentary on Tagore's East Bengal roots - Oct 26, 2010
- Rs.5 lakh grant for organisations commemorating Tagore's birth - Sep 24, 2010
- Films on Tagore at international fest in Agartala - Sep 01, 2011
- Pranab urges youth to follow Tagore's ideals - Oct 10, 2011
- Tripura pays tribute to Tagore on his 150th birth centenary - May 09, 2010
- Tagore culture carnival keeps capital busy - May 07, 2011
- Tagore souvenirs released on birth anniversary - May 07, 2011
- Omar inaugurates Ladakh International Film Festival - Jun 15, 2012
- Two Days ‘Tagore Film Festival’ Celebrated In Mangalore - Dec 27, 2010
Tags: agartala, birth anniversary, doordarshan, finance minister, implementation committee, manmohan, manmohan singh, minute film, national implementation, national recognition, national screening, nobel laureate, pranab mukherjee, press information bureau, prime minister manmohan, prime minister manmohan singh, rabindranath tagore, renowned film, screening committee, shyam benegal