Tripura film on Tagore gets national recognitionDecember 29th, 2010 - 8:23 pm ICT by IANS
Agartala, Dec 29 (IANS) Tripura’s first documentary film - “150 Raibik Path” - made on the life and ideals of Nobel laureate Rabindranth Tagore has been conferred national recognition by a screening committee, an official release said Wednesday.The screening committee was headed by renowned film-maker Shyam Benegal.
“A screening committee under the chairmanship of Shyam Benegal recently picked ‘150 Raibik Path’ and recommended it for national screening by Doordarshan,” a Press Information Bureau (PIB) release here said.
The release said: “To celebrate the 150th birth anniversary of Tagore in a befitting manner, a national committee headed by Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and a National Implementation Committee (NIC) led by Finance Minister Pranab Mukherjee were constituted. In pursuance of NIC, the screening committee selected 9 Films and documentaries on Rabindranath Tagore including ‘150 Raibik Path’.”
The film was made by young Tripura journalist Sitangshu Ranjan De.
“Through this film I have tried to show that Tagore is relevant even today through creation of a collage of various facets of Tagore,” De told IANS.
He said: “In the course of this 90-minute film, I have tried to answer many questions on ideals of Tagore through a collection of paintings, pictures, interviews, snippets from other documentaries and movies.”
“The film is also a tribute to the great poet who had visited Tripura seven times between 1899 and 1926,” De said.
- 150 Raibik Path, A Tripura Documentary Film On Rabindranath Tagore, Given National Recognition - Dec 30, 2010
- Two mega Tagore film projects approved: Selja - Nov 11, 2011
- 'Films on Tagore Stories' put together for 150th birth anniversary - May 04, 2011
- Film festival on Rabindranath Tagore in Tripura - Jul 16, 2010
- Special 'Gitanjali' to mark Tagore's 150th birth anniversary - Feb 04, 2012
- Sri Lanka celebrates Tagore's 150th birth anniversary - May 09, 2011
- Documentary on Tagore's East Bengal roots - Oct 26, 2010
- Rs.5 lakh grant for organisations commemorating Tagore's birth - Sep 24, 2010
- Films on Tagore at international fest in Agartala - Sep 01, 2011
- Pranab urges youth to follow Tagore's ideals - Oct 10, 2011
- Tripura pays tribute to Tagore on his 150th birth centenary - May 09, 2010
- Tagore culture carnival keeps capital busy - May 07, 2011
- Tagore souvenirs released on birth anniversary - May 07, 2011
- Omar inaugurates Ladakh International Film Festival - Jun 15, 2012
- Two Days ‘Tagore Film Festival’ Celebrated In Mangalore - Dec 27, 2010
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,