Travolta’’s son suffered from ”extremely serious” seizures for years, says attorneyJanuary 5th, 2009 - 5:30 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, January 5 (ANI): John Travolta’’s son had suffered from “frequent and extremely serious” seizures, the family’’s attorney has confirmed.
Sixteen-year-old Jett, was found unconscious in a bathroom, where he had apparently fallen and hit his head following a seizure, in the family’’s holiday home in the Bahamas.
Jett, who began suffering from seizures at the age of two, and was a toddler when he was diagnosed with rare Kawasaki disease, had later been taken to Rand Memorial Hospital, Freeport, where he was pronounced dead on January 2, reports Contactmusic.
Travolta’’s attorney Michael Ossi told TMZ.com that the teenager’’s seizures were “like a death” every time, and often led him to loose consciousness.
It was further revealed that Jett had been taking a strong anti-seizure medication for “several years” to control the attacks which occurred on an average of every four days.
Ossi also said that the medication, Depakote, in due course had stopped having any effect on Jett, and “began to cause serious physical damage”, including damage to his liver.
TMZ.com claimed that the 54-year-old devastated father and his wife Kelly Preston had discontinued administering the drug after consulting neurosurgeons. (ANI)
- John Travolta to be quizzed over dead sons drug ban - Jan 06, 2009
- Travoltas late son not victim of cult, say scientologists - Jan 07, 2009
- Travoltas son could have been saved avoiding Scientologys anti-medicine theories, says activist - Jan 05, 2009
- Oprah Winfrey, Tom Cruise, Tom Hanks send condolences to Travolta - Jan 05, 2009
- Billy Ray Cyrus offers condolences to devastated John Travolta, wife - Jan 06, 2009
- John Travolta's wife expecting again - May 19, 2010
- Travolta, wife begged son to wake up in ambulance - Jan 05, 2009
- John Travolta tried to resuscitate son when he saw him lifeless on floor - Jan 04, 2009
- Heartbroken Travolta speaks out for first time about sons death - Jan 05, 2009
- Autopsy on John Travolta''s son planned in Bahamas - Jan 04, 2009
- Travolta refused medical aid for dying son - Sep 23, 2009
- John Travolta poised to personally fly sons body home - Jan 06, 2009
- Actor Jeff Conaway dies at 60 - May 28, 2011
- Presley blasts critics for using Travolta tragedy to attack Scientology - Jan 07, 2009
- John Travolta says he did everything he could to keep Jett alive - Jan 05, 2009
Tags: anti seizure medication, attorney michael, bahamas, depakote, freeport, holiday home, jett, john travolta, kawasaki disease, kelly preston, liver, loose consciousness, medication, memorial hospital, ossi, seizures, teenager, wife kelly