Travoltas late son not victim of cult, say scientologistsJanuary 7th, 2009 - 1:48 pm ICT by ANI
London, January 7 (ANI): John Travoltas son Jett, who died following a seizure, was not a victim of cult, scientologists have claimed.
Jett, who began suffering from seizures at the age of two, was found unconscious in a bathroom in the familys holiday home in the Bahamas.
The 16-year-old had later been taken to Rand Memorial Hospital, Freeport, where he was pronounced dead on January 2, reports the Daily Star.
It was alleged that Scientology practising Travolta and his wife Kelly Preston had suspended their sons anti-seizure medicine following the religions anti-medicine theories.
The celebrity couple, however, slammed the claims saying their teenager had been diagnosed with the Kawasaki disease - a rare illness that leads to inflammation of the blood vessels in young kids, with the most serious effect on the heart.
And now, scientologists have rebuffed the speculations that Jetts medication was discontinued owing to the churchs teachings, that it allegedly discouraged the use of any medication.
Leading Scientologist Tom Davis said: Scientologists do seek conventional medical treatment for medical conditions. (ANI)
- Presley blasts critics for using Travolta tragedy to attack Scientology - Jan 07, 2009
- John Travolta to be quizzed over dead sons drug ban - Jan 06, 2009
- Travoltas son could have been saved avoiding Scientologys anti-medicine theories, says activist - Jan 05, 2009
- Travolta''s son suffered from ''extremely serious'' seizures for years, says attorney - Jan 05, 2009
- John Travolta poised to personally fly sons body home - Jan 06, 2009
- Heartbroken Travolta speaks out for first time about sons death - Jan 05, 2009
- Jett Travoltas nanny lacked childcare qualifications - Jan 10, 2009
- Travolta, wife begged son to wake up in ambulance - Jan 05, 2009
- Billy Ray Cyrus offers condolences to devastated John Travolta, wife - Jan 06, 2009
- Oprah Winfrey, Tom Cruise, Tom Hanks send condolences to Travolta - Jan 05, 2009
- John Travolta drops extortion charges - Sep 07, 2010
- Travolta Trial against Bahamas Senator Bridgewater - Sep 22, 2009
- Scientology helped overcome son's death: Preston - Aug 18, 2011
- John Travolta, wife thank fans for support over sons death - Jan 05, 2009
- John Travoltas 16yr-old son dies in bath - Jan 03, 2009
Tags: celebrity couple, conventional medical treatment, daily star, freeport, holiday home, inflammation of the blood vessels, jett, john travoltas son, kawasaki disease, kelly preston, memorial hospital, rare illness, scientologist, scientologists, scientology, seizure, speculations, tom davis, wife kelly, young kids