Travolta, wife begged son to wake up in ambulanceJanuary 5th, 2009 - 3:18 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, January 5 (ANI): John Travolta and wife Kelly Preston begged their son Jett to open his eyes and regain consciousness in the rushing ambulance, an Emergency Medical Technician said.
EMT Chief Marcus Garvey had raced to the celebrity couples holiday home, Old Bahama Bay resort, in the Bahamas, where 16-year-old Jett was found unconscious in a bathroom by caretaker Jeff Katharain on January 2.
The teenager, who began suffering from seizures at the age of two and was a toddler when he was diagnosed with rare Kawasaki disease, is thought to have died after hitting his head on a bathtub following a fit.
Jett was later taken to Rand Memorial Hospital, Freeport, where he was pronounced dead.
Garvey revealed that the family had been asked to follow the ambulance, but the pair insisted on being with their son.
“He (John) was holding his hand, saying”Come on baby, come on Jett,” FoxNews quoted him as telling Radaronline.com.
“They were more distraught, you know, getting him there,”how far is the hospital? How far? How long is it now?” And I said, We”ll be there in about 5 to 7 minutes,” he added.
Garvey further revealed that he had not realised whom was he talking to since the Pulp Fiction star had coloured his short hair.
“I still didn”t know who I was talking to. It was a shock to me,” he added.
During the traumatic ride, Garvey said that Travolta had tapped him on the shoulder and said “Good job, good job”. (ANI)
- John Travolta tried to resuscitate son when he saw him lifeless on floor - Jan 04, 2009
- John Travolta says he did everything he could to keep Jett alive - Jan 05, 2009
- Heartbroken Travolta speaks out for first time about sons death - Jan 05, 2009
- Autopsy on John Travolta''s son planned in Bahamas - Jan 04, 2009
- John Travolta poised to personally fly sons body home - Jan 06, 2009
- Travoltas son could have been saved avoiding Scientologys anti-medicine theories, says activist - Jan 05, 2009
- I am the real victim, says alleged Travolta extortionist - Sep 16, 2010
- John Travolta Drops Extortion Case Against Bridgewater & Lightborne Due to Stress - Sep 07, 2010
- John Travolta extortion case dropped - Sep 07, 2010
- Travolta refused medical aid for dying son - Sep 23, 2009
- John Travolta drops extortion charges - Sep 07, 2010
- John Travolta blackmail saga continues in court - Oct 15, 2009
- John Travolta And Kelly Preston Are Expecting An Adorable Baby Later This Year - May 20, 2010
- Kelly Preston And John Travolta Welcome Baby Boy - Nov 25, 2010
- Billy Ray Cyrus offers condolences to devastated John Travolta, wife - Jan 06, 2009
Tags: ambulance, bahama bay resort, bathtub, caretaker, celebrity couples, emergency medical technician, freeport, good job, holiday home, john travolta, kawasaki disease, kelly preston, marcus garvey, memorial hospital, old bahama bay, old bahama bay resort, pulp fiction, seizures, short hair, wife kelly