Travolta to testify at extortion trialSeptember 21st, 2009 - 12:17 am ICT by IANS
London, Sep 20 (IANS) Hollywood star John Travolta will testify at an extortion trial linked to the death of his son Jett next week.
The “Taking of Pelham 1 2 3″ actor will give evidence at the trial of paramedic Tarino Lightbourn and former Bahamian senator Pleasant Bridgewater, who are charged with conspiring to extort $25 million from him, reports people.com.
The pair allegedly contacted the grieving actor two weeks after Jett died following a seizure in the bathroom of the family’s Bahamian holiday home January, and threatened to release a document relating to his death.
Reports claim the document in question is a “refuse to transport” order which waives the ambulance crew’s responsibility if the patient does not want to be taken to hospital that Travolta had allegedly signed.
If it exists, the paperwork could be used to support claims Jett died because Travolta’s strict Scientology beliefs did not permit him to receive conventional treatment.
Travolta filed an extortion complaint shortly after Lightbourn and Bridgewater contacted him. Both Lightbourn and Bridgewater have pleaded not guilty.
- John Travolta extortion case dropped - Sep 07, 2010
- I am the real victim, says alleged Travolta extortionist - Sep 16, 2010
- John Travolta drops extortion charges - Sep 07, 2010
- John Travolta Drops Extortion Case Against Bridgewater & Lightborne Due to Stress - Sep 07, 2010
- John Travolta blackmail saga continues in court - Oct 15, 2009
- Travolta Extortion case dropped - Sep 07, 2010
- Travolta refused medical aid for dying son - Sep 23, 2009
- Travolta 'intentionally killed' son, believed accused paramedic - Oct 03, 2009
- Travolta's extortion case ends in mistrial - Oct 22, 2009
- Travolta's blackmailers caught on tape while making extortion deal - Sep 26, 2009
- Here's why Travolta wanted to take his son to airport - Sep 24, 2009
- Travolta bids for US trial - Oct 24, 2009
- Travolta wants extortion case to be transferred to US - Oct 24, 2009
- Travolta Trial against Bahamas Senator Bridgewater - Sep 22, 2009
- Details of Travolta extortion plot revealed - Jan 28, 2009