Travolta to hold private Scientology memorial service for late sonJanuary 8th, 2009 - 12:11 pm ICT by ANI
London, January 8 (ANI): John Travolta will bid his late son, Jett, a final goodbye in a private Scientology memorial service.
The actors 16-year-old son, who had Kawasaki Syndrome, a rare condition that can lead to heart disease, died from a seizure on January 2 during a family holiday in the Bahamas.
He was cremated on January 5.
Travolta and his wife Kelly Preston are said to have invited close friends, including Scientology practising Tom Cruise, Oprah Winfrey and Kirstie Alley, to the service on their Florida property.
The 54-year-old devastated dad was reportedly struggling to deal with the tragedy, according to a source.
Forget that John is a big Hollywood star. He is just a grieving father who is struggling to cope with the loss of his beloved son, the Sun quoted a family friend as saying.
He isnt ready to face the public, and wont be for some time. His grief is raw and it is going to take him and Kelly a long time to recover from this, the friend added. (ANI)
- Scientology helped overcome son's death: Preston - Aug 18, 2011
- Actor John Travolta flies back to Florida with son's ashes - Jan 07, 2009
- John Travolta and wife Kelly to name baby boy 'Benjamin' - Nov 08, 2010
- Oprah Winfrey, Tom Cruise, Tom Hanks send condolences to Travolta - Jan 05, 2009
- John Travolta drops extortion charges - Sep 07, 2010
- Scientology helped Travolta cope with son's death - Mar 30, 2010
- John Travolta's wife expecting again - May 19, 2010
- Kelly Preston And John Travolta Expecting New Member In The Family - May 19, 2010
- John Travolta And Kelly Preston To Welcome Their Baby Boy In November - Aug 27, 2010
- Travoltas open up about son's death for first time - Nov 10, 2009
- Kelly Preston And John Travolta Welcome Baby Boy - Nov 25, 2010
- Travolta's wife expecting a son - Aug 26, 2010
- John Travolta, wife Kelly Preston expecting new baby - May 19, 2010
- John Travolta welcomes third child - Nov 24, 2010
- Wife's pregnancy a miracle, says Travolta - Jun 04, 2010
Tags: beloved son, close friends, family friend, family holiday, final goodbye, florida property, heart disease, hollywood star, john travolta, kawasaki syndrome, kelly preston, kirstie alley, oprah winfrey, rare condition, scientology, seizure, tom cruise, tom cruise oprah, tom cruise oprah winfrey, wife kelly