Travolta sets up foundation in memory of late sonFebruary 21st, 2009 - 1:22 pm ICT by ANI
London, February 21 (ANI): John Travolta and Kelly Preston have set up a charity foundation in memory of their late son.
The heartbroken couple had bade their 16-year-old Jett a final goodbye after the teenager died from a seizure during a family holiday in the Bahamas on January 2.
Jett, who began suffering from seizures at the age of two, had Kawasaki Syndrome, a rare condition that can lead to heart disease.
And now, the pair is determined to help other kids suffering from diseases with The Jett Travolta Foundation, reports the Daily Express.
A statement on their website said: “The Foundation shall endeavour to use its resources specifically to assist and provide relief to children with vision, hearing, mobility, communication, behavioural learning impairments or other special medical, environmental, health or education needs.” (ANI)
- John Travolta's wife expecting again - May 19, 2010
- Scientology helped Travolta cope with son's death - Mar 30, 2010
- Kelly Preston And John Travolta Expecting New Member In The Family - May 19, 2010
- Actor John Travolta flies back to Florida with son's ashes - Jan 07, 2009
- Kelly Preston And John Travolta Welcome Baby Boy - Nov 25, 2010
- John Travolta and wife Kelly to name baby boy 'Benjamin' - Nov 08, 2010
- Travolta's wife expecting a son - Aug 26, 2010
- John Travolta Expecting Twins? - May 27, 2010
- John Travolta welcomes third child - Nov 24, 2010
- Wife's pregnancy a miracle, says Travolta - Jun 04, 2010
- Coroners perform autopsy on John Travolta's son - Jan 06, 2009
- John Travolta drops extortion charges - Sep 07, 2010
- John Travolta 'spoke to dead son about new baby in dream' - Aug 01, 2010
- John Travolta And Kelly Preston To Welcome Their Baby Boy In November - Aug 27, 2010
- John Travolta Gets German Appreciation! - Jan 13, 2011
Tags: bahamas, charity foundation, daily express, diseases, education, endeavour, family holiday, final goodbye, heart disease, jett travolta, john travolta, john travolta and kelly preston, kawasaki syndrome, kelly preston, london, memory, rare condition, seizure, seizures, teenager