Travolta listed as a witness in extortion trialJanuary 28th, 2009 - 2:02 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, January 28 (ANI): John Travolta has been listed amongst 14 other witnesses in an 18-million-pound extortion attempt targeting the actor following the death of his 16-year-old son Jett.
The Hollywood heartthrob had informed the Bahamas police alleging blackmailers threatened to publish a photo of the teenager as he lay struggling for his life, and make false claims unless they were paid “millions of dollars”.
Officials had hauled in Pleasant Bridgewater, an island attorney and lawmaker and Obie Wilchcombe, the islands ex-Minister of Tourism and a friend of the celebrity couple, for their alleged involvement.
While both Bridgewater and Wilchcombe have insisted upon their innocence, the police also probed ambulance driver Tarino Lightbourne, reports Contactmusic.
And now, Travolta is expected to testify against the driver as part of the Bahamian Attorney General’’s prosecution case though the trial date is yet to be set, according to E! News.
Jett had died following a seizure during a family holiday in the Bahamas on January 2, after having suffered from rare heart condition Kawasaki Disease. (ANI)
- Bahamas Police gets hold of tapes in Travoltas PS18m extortion attempt - Jan 26, 2009
- John Travolta extortion case dropped - Sep 07, 2010
- John Travolta drops extortion charges - Sep 07, 2010
- Suspect in Travolta extortion trial released on bail - Feb 18, 2009
- Details of Travolta extortion plot revealed - Jan 28, 2009
- Travolta extortion trial may get fast-tracked - Feb 12, 2009
- John Travolta blackmail saga continues in court - Oct 15, 2009
- Travolta friend accused in ''extortion plot'' insists innocence - Jan 26, 2009
- John Travolta Drops Extortion Case Against Bridgewater & Lightborne Due to Stress - Sep 07, 2010
- Bahamas senator accused in Travolta ''extortion plot'' resigns - Jan 26, 2009
- Travolta extortion plot: Three held - Jan 24, 2009
- Travolta refused medical aid for dying son - Sep 23, 2009
- Travolta to testify at extortion trial - Sep 21, 2009
- I am the real victim, says alleged Travolta extortionist - Sep 16, 2010
- Bahamas detains suspects in attempted Travolta extortion - Jan 24, 2009
Tags: ambulance driver, attorney general, bahamas police, bridgewater, celebrity couple, e news, extortion attempt, family holiday, hollywood heartthrob, innocence, island attorney, john travolta, kawasaki disease, lawmaker, minister of tourism, obie, prosecution case, rare heart condition, seizure, witness