Travolta extortion plot: Three heldJanuary 24th, 2009 - 12:11 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, January 24 (ANI): Two well-known Bahamian citizens and a paramedic are being quizzed by the police in a 20-million-dollar extortion plot targeting John Travolta following the death of his 16-year-old son.
The devastated father was said to have become a victim of the extortion attempt over the death of his son Jett, who died from a seizure during a family holiday in the Bahamas on January 2.
The actor and his wife Kelly Preston had alleged that two blackmailers threatened to publish a photo of the teenager as he lay struggling for his life unless they were paid “millions of dollars.”
Their family lawyers had previously confirmed the blackmail in a statement and linked it with the tragedy.
And now, officials were said to be questioning Pleasant Bridgewater, an island attorney and lawmaker and ambulance driver Tarino Lightbourne, reports People magazine.
According to TMZ.com, cops also hauled in Obie Wilchcombe, the island’’s ex Minister of Tourism and a friend of the celebrity couple.
Though the nature of the entire plot was not revealed, it was reported that Lightbourne was one of the paramedics who tried to revive Jett and is said to have taken a picture of the 16-year-old with his cell phone. (ANI)
- John Travolta extortion case dropped - Sep 07, 2010
- I am the real victim, says alleged Travolta extortionist - Sep 16, 2010
- Bahamas Police gets hold of tapes in Travoltas PS18m extortion attempt - Jan 26, 2009
- Suspect in Travolta extortion trial released on bail - Feb 18, 2009
- Details of Travolta extortion plot revealed - Jan 28, 2009
- John Travolta drops extortion charges - Sep 07, 2010
- Bahamas senator accused in Travolta ''extortion plot'' resigns - Jan 26, 2009
- Travolta friend accused in ''extortion plot'' insists innocence - Jan 26, 2009
- John Travolta Drops Extortion Case Against Bridgewater & Lightborne Due to Stress - Sep 07, 2010
- John Travolta blackmail saga continues in court - Oct 15, 2009
- Travolta listed as a witness in extortion trial - Jan 28, 2009
- Travolta Extortion case dropped - Sep 07, 2010
- Suspects in Travolta extortion trial plead not guilty - Apr 29, 2009
- Travolta 'intentionally killed' son, believed accused paramedic - Oct 03, 2009
- Bahamas detains suspects in attempted Travolta extortion - Jan 24, 2009
Tags: ambulance driver, blackmail, celebrity couple, extortion attempt, extortion plot, family holiday, family lawyers, island attorney, jett, john travolta, kelly preston, lawmaker, minister of tourism, obie, paramedic, paramedics, people magazine, quizzed, seizure, wife kelly