‘Transformers: Dark of the Moon’ grosses revenue of $1 billionAugust 3rd, 2011 - 9:15 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
Hollywood, Aug 3 (THAINDIAN NEWS) The global box office revenue of “Transformers: Dark of the Moon” has reached $1 billion. This is the first time that a Transformer movie has reached that landmark and the movie becomes the only tenth in the history of the world to have achieved that feat.
The movie is the property of Paramount movies and it has become the best grossing movie of all time for the studios. In North America, the movie had grossed a total of $338.8 million as at the end of last weekend. The movie’s gross from other parts of the world at the end of the weekend was $633 million.
CEO of Paramount Brad Gray in an interview said, “We are grateful for the extraordinary work of Michael Bay and his film-making team, executive producer Steven Spielberg, and everyone at Paramount around the globe who played a part in helping make this latest Transformers one of the 10 highest grossing films worldwide of all time.”
Two other movies – Disney’s “Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides” and Warner Bros. hit wizardry movie “Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2″ - have managed to hit the $1 billion mark this summer.
- Harry Potter finale makes history with four opening records - Jul 18, 2011
- 'Harry Potter & the Deathly Hallows - Part 2' shatters several box office records - Jul 18, 2011
- 'Harry Potter' franchise crosses $7 bn mark - Jul 22, 2011
- "The King's Speech" leads Oscar nominations - Jan 25, 2011
- 'Harry Potter' breaks US midnight box office record - Jul 16, 2011
- 'Harry Potter & the Deathly Hallows Part 1' grosses $657 million - Mar 11, 2011
- Pirates creates overseas record - May 23, 2011
- IMAX And Paramount Pictures To Collaborate For Four Films - Jan 13, 2011
- 'The Help' is on top of the US Box Office - Sep 06, 2011
- 1 in 5 Hollywood films this year will be sequels - Feb 17, 2011
- Here are the top 10 richest people in Hollywood - Feb 03, 2011
- Warner Bros gifts diamond bracelet to Rowling - Jul 21, 2011
- 'Deathly Hallows Part 1' Gets Leaked On Internet - Nov 19, 2010
- 'Harry Potter And The Deathly...' highest global grosser - Mar 11, 2011
- 'Tron: Legacy' sets box-office on fire in its opening weekend - Dec 20, 2010
Tags: 1 billion, box office, ceo, dark of the moon, executive producer, globe, harry potter, harry potter and the deathly hallows, highest grossing films, history of the world, landmark, michael bay, north america, pirates of the caribbean, s gross, steven spielberg, stranger tides, transformer movie, transformers, warner bros