Toshi-Sharib record 21-minute songApril 7th, 2012 - 3:00 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, April 7 (IANS) Singer-composer Toshi Sabri and his brother Sharib have worked on a new, 21 minute song for the movie “Mastaan”, which brings together father-son Naseerudin Shah and Vivaan.
The love song, titled “Mora man mane na”, took seven days of non-stop singing and recording at Toshi’s Sound Of Music studio in Versova Mumbai. So far the song’s scratch version has been done by dummy voices.
However, Toshi intends to get the legendary Lata Mangeshkar to sing the 21-minute song, perhaps the longest ever in Bollywood.
“We never set out to create such a long song. We just set out on a journey on an unknown highway where our protagonist needed to make a self-searching voyage through his heart,” said Toshi.
“My brother and I just went on recording without counting the minutes. It’s turned into a 21-minute song,” he added.
Toshi and Sharib, who hail from a musical family in Rajasthan, were noticed in music reality shows on the small screen. Toshi says he has gone through rough times.
“It hasn’t been an easy journey for me. I’ve gone through two near brushes with death. I was attacked by hoodlums and then I was in a road accident.
“I guess God wanted me to go through those life-changing experiences so that one day I could create something that would redefine a film song,” he said.
- Lata's song is highlight of 'Jail' music (IANS Music Review) - Oct 07, 2009
- Now Honey Singh set to conquer Bollywood - May 08, 2012
- Sajid-Wajid at their melodious best in 'Veer' (IANS Music Review) - Dec 21, 2009
- There will never be another Bhupen Hazarika: Lata - Nov 08, 2011
- Naseer teams up with son Vivaan for 'Mastaan' - Mar 26, 2012
- Singer Toshi Sabri under observation after accident - Nov 25, 2010
- He called me 'Bharat Ratna': Lata remembers Bhimsen Joshi - Jan 26, 2011
- 'Jashnn' packs in peppy, soft numbers (IANS Music Review) - Jun 17, 2009
- Why sing in English: Honey Singh - May 08, 2012
- I am far removed from worldly matters: Lata - Sep 29, 2011
- Toshi Sabri sings opening song in 'Raaz - The Mystery Continues' - Dec 09, 2008
- Lata felicitated on father's death anniversary - Apr 25, 2011
- Shankar plans album with Muqabla teammates - Apr 14, 2010
- Bollywood who's who descends for 'Hum Dono' in colour - Feb 04, 2011
- Music of Salman Khan's Veer disappoints - Dec 25, 2009
Tags: brother, brushes, experiences, film song, god, heart, hoodlums, journey, lata mangeshkar, love song, mane, music studio, protagonist, road accident, rough times, sabri, scratch, seven days, sound of music, voices