Toshi Sabri sings opening song in ‘Raaz - The Mystery Continues’December 9th, 2008 - 5:41 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Dec 9 (IANS) Singer Toshi Sabri, who enthralled TV viewers with his soulful and powerful voice on music reality show “Voice of India”, has now teamed up with his brother Sharib to score a song for forthcoming thriller “Raaz - The Mystery Continues”.While Sharib has composed the music for the opening song “Maahi” for the film, Toshi has lent vocals to it. The song is a haunting melody picturised on the lead actors - Emraan Hashmi and Kangana Ranaut.
“It was our dream to become a part of Bollywood and when we got this opportunity, we really couldn’t believe our good fortune. We truly feel blessed and extremely lucky,” Toshi said in a statement.
Toshi, who hails from Rajasthan, has participated in three major TV reality shows - “Voice of India”, “Ustadon Ke Ustad” and “Jo Jeeta Wohi Superstar”. Despite his popularity among the masses, he failed to win any of these.
Mukesh Bhatt, who has produced “Raaz - The Mystery Continues” said he is quite impressed with the song which Toshi and his brother have worked upon.
“We try to give a chance to budding talents so that our audience gets something new and refreshing all the time. A well-made film means one which scores high on story, acting as well as the music.
“I think both Sharib and Toshi are fantastic musicians and it’s been a great pleasure working with them for our film,” Bhatt said.
The music album of the film will hit stores Wednesday. Directed by Mohit Suri and co-presented by music label Sony BMG, the film is expected to release in January next year.
- Singer Toshi Sabri under observation after accident - Nov 25, 2010
- Toshi-Sharib record 21-minute song - Apr 07, 2012
- Lata's song is highlight of 'Jail' music (IANS Music Review) - Oct 07, 2009
- Fast, peppy numbers shine in 'Raaz' sequel (IANS Music Review) - Dec 29, 2008
- Mohit Suri opens horror films in India - Jan 15, 2009
- Sreeram has velvet voice: Shaan (Snippets) - Apr 05, 2012
- Happy to be making good item numbers: Composer Lalit - Jan 13, 2012
- Sajid-Wajid at their melodious best in 'Veer' (IANS Music Review) - Dec 21, 2009
- 21 music artists come together for new 'Vande Mataram' - Jan 25, 2012
- Bollywood's new music mantra - multiple composers for one film - Apr 20, 2009
- 'Jashnn' packs in peppy, soft numbers (IANS Music Review) - Jun 17, 2009
- Bipasha's dubbing woes! (Movie Snippets) - Jul 03, 2012
- Music of Salman Khan's Veer disappoints - Dec 25, 2009
- After 10 years, Farah Khan teams up with Aamir again - Jan 13, 2011
- 'Raaz 3' was tough for Bipasha - May 04, 2012
Tags: , , , , , , , , ,