‘Top Gun’ director jumps to deathAugust 20th, 2012 - 1:02 pm ICT by IANS
Los Angeles, Aug 20 (IANS) “Top Gun” director Tony Scott has committed suicide by jumping off a bridge here.
According to witnesses, Tony jumped off the bridge in San Pedro Sunday afternoon. The Los Angeles Times earlier reported that a suicide note was found in Scott’s car. However, the paper later clarified that it was just a note listing the contact information.
A suicide note was later found in Tony’s office, but its contents were not revealed.
The Los Angeles County coroner’s office confirmed the director’s identity later in the evening.
Tony, brother of director Ridley Scott, wielded the megaphone for “Top Gun”, “Enemy of the State”, “Beverly Hills Cop II” and “Crimson Tide”.
- Bollywood salutes 'pure genius' Tony Scott - Aug 20, 2012
- Tony Scott laid to rest - Aug 26, 2012
- I will really miss Scott, says Cruise - Aug 21, 2012
- Scott's family sets up scholarship fund - Aug 28, 2012
- Fincher wins best director for 'The Social Network' - Jan 17, 2011
- Carrie Underwood wore a Gomez-Gracia gown at the Grammy Awards - Feb 13, 2012
- Was Whitney Houston murdered? - Mar 07, 2012
- Whitney Houston died of accidental drowning - Mar 23, 2012
- 'Unstoppable' keeps the tension going(IANS Film Review; Rating:***1/2) - Nov 27, 2010
- 'Top Gun 2' on the cards - Dec 09, 2011
- Lungs discovered on Los Angeles' sidewalk - Jun 13, 2012
- Did Houston mix prescription drugs with alcohol? - Feb 13, 2012
- Jolie to join 'The Counsellor' cast? - Apr 11, 2012
- Sylvester Stallone hires private investigator - Jul 19, 2012
- Cruz to reunite with husband for thriller - Apr 22, 2012
Tags: beverly hills cop, beverly hills cop ii, bridge, brother, crimson tide, director ridley scott, director tony scott, enemy of the state, gun director, los angeles county, los angeles county coroner, los angeles times, megaphone, ridley scott, san pedro, suicide note, sunday afternoon, top gun