Toonz to give life to Chandamama storyOctober 30th, 2008 - 8:59 pm ICT by IANS
Thiruvananthapuram, Oct 30 (IANS) A story from comic book Chandamama will be turned into a full length animation movie having a budget of Rs.200 million.The film will be produced by Toonz Animation India Pvt Ltd and Chandamama India Limited.
“Chandamama stories still linger in the minds of generations. The beauty of these stories lies in their simplicity and the socio cultural values they try to communicate. The animated film will be a perfect platform to provide today’s youth both engaging and educative entertainment,” said P. Jayakumar, CEO of Toonz Animation.
Toonz will undertake the entire production based in its state-of-the-art studio in Technopark and will finance the production cost, said a press statement.
Legendary filmmakers B. Nagi Reddi and his friend Chakrapani conceptualised Chandamama in early 1947 and since then the company has been publishing stories in 14 languages. The library of Chandamama has over 15,000 exclusive stories.
Commenting on the relationship with Toonz, L. Subramanyan, CEO of Chandamama, said: “Over the last six decades, millions of Indians have grown up with Chandamama. The association with Toonz and the proposed animated film will help us reach out to the current and future generations of young people and deliver the message across the new and emerging platforms.”
Founded in 1999, Toonz’s client list includes the biggest names in media and entertainment sector like Marvel, Hallmark, Paramount, Disney, BBC and Cartoon Network.
Toonz is currently co-producing a 3D animated TV series for BBC, called “Freefonix”. Other works in the pipeline include a 3D feature film “The life and adventures of Santa Claus”, 2D series “Brave” for Cartoon Network, Europe, and “Tales of Lord Siva” for the Indian audience.
- Toonz celebrates double win at FICCI awards - Mar 28, 2011
- Toonz starts Canadian operations - Nov 23, 2010
- Amitabh Bachchan, Priyardarshan join hands with Toonz - Oct 30, 2009
- Toonz celebrates World Animation Day - Oct 28, 2008
- Toonz ties up with Ireland firm - Jun 18, 2009
- Toonz, Argentine firm to co-produce animated feature film - May 20, 2009
- Kerala firm to co-produce animated TV series - Apr 01, 2009
- First Indo-Latin American animation film tops in Argentina - Sep 17, 2010
- Bollywood takes India-Latin America ties to new high - Feb 01, 2011
- 'Amar Chitra Katha' to come alive on TV - Mar 17, 2010
- Universal Studio acquires distribution rights of 'Mostly Ghostly' - May 28, 2008
- Toonz Academy ties up with Anna University - Jul 09, 2009
- Shemaroo to release its 3D film online first - Oct 15, 2011
- Toonz teams up with US firms to produce film on Santa Claus - Nov 12, 2008
- Big Animation to release 'Shaktimaan' and 'Krishna' this year - Jun 27, 2011