Tony La Russa talks on the David Letterman showNovember 1st, 2011 - 10:17 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
Washington, Nov 1 (THAINDIAN NEWS) The head coach of the Cardinals Tony La Russa has spoken to David Letterman. La Russa led the St. Louis team to the triumph in the World Series this month.
When he appeared on the show, La Russa spoke about the dramatic Game 6 victory over the Texas Rangers which stretched the Championship series to Game 7. That particular match was dramatic as much as it was unbelievable.
The Cardinals showed real character and never-say-attitude when they beat the Rangers 10-9. Both luck and determination came to play in favor of the Cardinals during the game. That win turned the championship on its head. They were a complete turnover in Game 7 as they rallied on their win to win the final game.
The team was paraded in the streets of St. Louis on Sunday. The victorious team and the entire city celebrated through the whole day as they colored the city with the red flag of the team.
Shortly after the triumph, La Russa announced his retirement as the coach of the Cardinals. He gave himself a huge farewell present with the success and will be remembered for helping the Cardinals to their 11th World Series Championship.
- Cardinals paint the town red with their World Series parade - Oct 31, 2011
- World Series Game 6 was a treat for all the fans - Oct 28, 2011
- A number of upsets happen in the Major league baseball playoffs - Oct 10, 2011
- Tony La Russa's Cardinal's get their 8th division title - Sep 28, 2009
- NL wild card chase: Cardinals tied with Atlanta - Sep 28, 2011
- Mark Mcgwire To Return After Eight Year Hiatus - Oct 26, 2009
- NJIT professor projects 2011 Major League Baseball winners using math - Apr 02, 2011
- World Series 2010 Has Been Scheduled - Oct 23, 2010
- Mark McGwire Expresses Apology Yet Again - Feb 18, 2010
- Inter upset by Lecce as Milan win to chase Juventus - Jan 30, 2012
- Texas Rangers Register Victory In Must-Win World Series Game 3 - Oct 31, 2010
- New York Giants Vs St Louis Rams to battle it out - Sep 19, 2011
- Sam Bradford Signs Record Contract With St. Louis Rams - Jul 31, 2010
- Gremio grab 4-1 win in state championship - Mar 19, 2012
- San Francisco Giants Beats Texas Rangers, Takes 2-0 Lead In World Series - Oct 29, 2010
Tags: attitude, cardinals, david letterman, david letterman show, dramatic game, entire city, farewell, final game, game 7, head coach, nov 1, red flag, retirement, texas rangers, tony la russa, triumph, turnover, victorious team, world series, world series championship