Tony Blair’s ex strategist eyes Knightley for film adaptation of his novelJanuary 14th, 2010 - 2:52 pm ICT by ANI
London, January 14 (ANI): Alastair Campbell, once a strategist for former British Prime Minister Tony Blair, has revealed that he would love Keira Knightley to star in a film of his new novel.
The 52-year-old, who was Director of Communications and Strategy for Blair from 1997 to 2003, confessed he was impressed by the actress after watching her performance in West End play The Misanthrope.
Campbell now thinks the star would be perfect to appear in the movie adaptation of his second novel Maya.
“I could not help thinking that she would be good as Maya, the heroine of my novel. A couple of film-makers have already expressed an interest and I would ask them to note this match made in heaven,” the Daily Express quoted him as saying.
He added: “Kate Winsletwould be good too, mind. And can Penelope Cruz do a passable West London lower middle-class accent that changes with fame? Maybe not. Hardback copy in the post to Keira.” (ANI)
- Keira Knightley may soon return to London stage - Sep 28, 2010
- Knightley's comic act - Jun 25, 2012
- Keira Knightley handed 'I'm not mental' note by fan - Jan 30, 2011
- Penelope Cruz in Pirates talks - Feb 13, 2010
- Keira Knightley won't star in Pirates Of The Caribbean 4 - Mar 23, 2010
- Keira Knightley to testify against stalker - Mar 06, 2010
- Knightley wants to work with fiance - Jul 14, 2012
- Penelope Cruz could star with Bardem in `The Counselor' - Apr 20, 2012
- Keira Knightley vows to do more theatre - Mar 04, 2010
- Keira Knightley is 'Glee' actor Matthew Morrison's dream guest star - Jan 05, 2011
- Keira Knightley to return to theatre - Oct 24, 2010
- Penelope Cruz may star in 'Pirates of the Caribbean 4' - Feb 12, 2010
- Penelope may feature in next 'Pirates Of The Caribbean' film - Feb 12, 2010
- Keira Knightley set to make West End debut - Oct 09, 2009
- Keira Knightley, Rebecca Hall race for lead role in 'The Great Gatsby' - Nov 07, 2010
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,