Tomlinson buys football teamAugust 11th, 2012 - 4:43 am ICT by IANS
London, Aug 11 (IANS) Singer Louis Tomlinson has become the owner of his former football team in Yorkshire.
The 20-year-old played for the Three Horse Shoes team before striking fame with band One Direction. The team was going through a rough patch before Tomlinson came to their rescue.
“The team were struggling to get a new kit together for the new season, and it filtered back to Louis,” thesun.co.uk quoted a source as saying.
“He decided to put his hand in his pocket as long as he can be called the owner and get the odd game when One Direction’s diary allows,” the source added.
Tomlinson is doing his bit by arranging sponsors for the team.
“He has sorted a really smart set of Nike strips and has even arranged Yorkshire Tea as a sponsor. They will have the best kit in the league and no shortage of tasty brews at half time in the cold winter months,” the source said.
- Tomlinson learns lesson after penalty - Aug 21, 2012
- One Direction announces name of second album - Aug 31, 2012
- One Direction mints 100 mn pounds just in two years - Sep 21, 2012
- Big hotel rooms, best part about fame: Malik - Aug 17, 2012
- Tomlinson's hearing problem - Aug 02, 2012
- New 'Headphone Hoodie' lets you play music from your hoodie! - Jan 12, 2011
- Gaga to move in with beau? - Jan 09, 2012
- Indian cricket team gets new ODI kit - Sep 29, 2010
- T-shaped tea bag makes the perfect cup: Experts - Apr 01, 2012
- Louis Tomlinson going deaf in one ear - Aug 01, 2012
- Smith, Lowe reconcile? - Jun 26, 2012
- Fazer working on Rihanna's next album - Jul 16, 2012
- Gaga gets custom-made tiara - Jul 23, 2012
- Styles house hunting in London - Jul 06, 2012
- Kanye West plans shoe line with Kim Kardashian - Aug 05, 2012