‘Tomb Raider’ chase scene tops movie biking moments pollMay 24th, 2008 - 10:01 pm ICT by admin
London, May 24 (IANS) A chase scene from Angelina Jolie starrer “Tomb Raider” has been named the favourite moment for motorcycle fans in a poll conducted by British motorbike insurer Bennetts. Contactmusic.com reports that quite a few other prominent bike chase scenes from movies like the “Indiana Jones” series, Steve McQueen’s dash in “The Great Escape” and Tom Cruise’s ride in “Top Gun” failed to to make it to the top five.
Bennetts marketing director said: “With everyone talking about ‘Indiana Jones’ being the big blockbuster of the summer, it’s really surprising to see its predecessor didn’t make the top five motorcycling movie moments. There’s some much-loved biking greats in the mix, but it seems that bikers have always had a soft spot for Lara Croft.”
The top five biking movie moments are:
1. “Tomb Raider” - Angelina Jolie’s sexy heroine races to the rescue
2. “The Great Escape” - Steve McQueen’s chase sequence to the Swiss border
3. “Top Gun” - Tom Cruise rides to see his new love interest
4. “The Matrix Reloaded” - Neo races away from the agents onto oncoming traffic on a motorway
5. “Terminator 2: Judgement Day” - Arnold Schwarzenegger’s chased by the T-100 through the streets.
Tags: angelina jolie, arnold schwarzenegger, bike chase, blockbuster, british motorbike, chase scene, chase scenes, indiana jones series, lara croft, love interest, motorcycle fans, oncoming traffic, sexy heroine, swiss border, terminator 2, terminator 2 judgement day, tom cruise, tomb raider angelina, tomb raider angelina jolie, top gun tom cruise