Tom Hanks to revisit D-Day site for TV documentaryJune 11th, 2009 - 5:28 pm ICT by ANI
London, June 11 (ANI): Tom Hanks is so fascinated by world history that he is all set to revisit the D-Day landings for a new TV documentary.
In the documentary, the history buff will be seen interviewing the surviving veterans of the 1944 World War Two battle.
The ‘Saving Private Ryan’ star joined the veterans of America’s Easy Company as they returned to Normandy, France for the 65th anniversary of the beach battle over the weekend.
Many people believe that the beach battle sparked the beginning of the end of the Second World War.
The actor took a HBO film crew with him for the journey and chronicled the historic occasion, which was attended by world leaders and dignitaries, reports The Daily Express.
The Oscar-winning actor interviewed eight surviving members of Easy Company on a train ride from Paris to the memorial site.
He even met U.S. President Barack Obama and discussed about the war and the heroes who fought in it. (ANI)
- Hitler had a love child, says war soldier's diary - Mar 15, 2012
- WW II veteran meets colleague who 'died' 68 years ago! - Aug 03, 2012
- 65th Anniversary of D-day - Jun 06, 2009
- Conservatives blast Tom Hanks over WWII comments - Mar 18, 2010
- Abu Dhabi film fest moving in right direction - Oct 26, 2010
- Obama aiming to reverse Queen Elizabeth's Normandy ceremony snub - Jun 02, 2009
- Tongue-tied Brown slips up on 'Obama Beach' - Jun 07, 2009
- Hollywood stars Hayek, Banderas shatter stereotypes - Oct 28, 2011
- Ghost Army's role in Allies' World War II win to be revealed - May 01, 2010
- Angelo Marsella Recalls D Day - Jun 06, 2010
- D-Day dummy paratrooper 'Rupert' expected to fetch 1000 pounds in Munich auction - Oct 06, 2009
- Andrew Meieran acquires rights to Rod Serling biopic - Jul 05, 2011
- Prince of Wales to attend 65th D-Day anniversary - Jun 02, 2009
- Maury Chaykin Loses Life After Battling Kidney Problems - Jul 28, 2010
- Titanic still connects its descendants: British writer - Apr 13, 2012
Tags: 65th anniversary, barack obama, beginning of the end, d day landings, daily express, dignitaries, film crew, hbo film, history buff, new tv, normandy, normandy france, ryan star, saving private ryan, second world war, tom hanks, train ride, tv documentary, world history, world war two