Tom Hanks produces documentary on World War IIJune 3rd, 2009 - 2:09 pm ICT by IANS
New York, June 3 (IANS) Hollywood actor Tom Hanks has produced a documentary on World War II called “Beyond All Boundaries”. Its creative director claims Hanks has a “very deep knowledge of that period”.
Hollywoodreporter.com reports that the documentary will be screened every day at the National WWII Museum, New Orleans, Louisiana, beginning Nov 9.
“This film uses a whole world of technologies, including an incredible sound system, multilayered projection, high definition, moving sets, 3D features and more spectacular theatrical effects,” said Phil Hettema, creative director of the documentary.
“Hanks played an important role and has been involved throughout the process. He has a very deep knowledge of World War II. He knows more than some of those who work at the museum,” added Hettema.
- Lady Gaga splits with creative director - Nov 15, 2011
- Eastwood to be honoured for cinematic contribution - Sep 13, 2011
- BBC, Reliance Big in movie co-production deal - Nov 02, 2010
- Depp's 'The Lone Ranger' on hold - Aug 14, 2011
- 'Khuda Kay Liye', 'Fahrenheit 9/11' best cinematic works on WTC attack - Sep 09, 2011
- Polish artist's Indian works on display - Nov 02, 2011
- 'Hangover Part II' tops US box office - May 30, 2011
- 'Men in Black 4' confirmed - Jul 21, 2012
- Treasure hunter finds $3bn-worth platinum in shipwreck - Feb 02, 2012
- Sandra Bullock healed heartbreak with work - Aug 12, 2011
- George Harrison film a labour of love: Scorsese - May 18, 2010
- Matt Damon pulls out of directorial debut - Jan 08, 2012
- Daniel Craig to narrate BBC documentary - May 03, 2011
- Heidi Klum loves Holmes clothing line - Jul 26, 2012
- Kutcher to play Steve Jobs - Apr 02, 2012