Tom Hanks’ movie explores college at 50!June 29th, 2011 - 1:51 pm ICT by IANS
London, June 29 (IANS) Actor Tom Hanks says he wrote his new movie “Larry Crowne” because he wanted to explore the way a man’s life can change after returning to education.
Hanks, 54, has directed, acted and co-written “Larry Crowne”, the story about a man who suffers a crisis when he loses a job and his marriage fails.
“I wanted to do a story about a guy in his 50s who goes to college and his life changes forever simply because of that. That really is enough to get a movie going creatively between two people who are talking to each other. I go to college, one of my teachers is Julia Roberts. Guess what happens? All the rest of it flows from there,” contactmusic.com quoted him as saying.
The movie has been compared with Hank’s early career hit “Big”, but he insists he never intended to make the movie a companion piece to the 1988 comedy.
“I think you could may be put that down, it’s certainly nothing we ever thought about,” said Hanks.
- Bryan Cranston Remembers The Memorable Bedroom Scene With Julia Roberts - Nov 27, 2010
- Why is Julia Roberts a perfect party girl? - Jun 19, 2011
- Who doesn't know about Bollywood: Tom Hanks (Interview) - Jul 10, 2011
- Tom Hanks multi-tasking is pretty impressive : Julia Roberts - Jul 11, 2011
- Larry Crowne - Bland, stale, pointless (IANS Movie Review) - Jul 09, 2011
- Bryan Cranston Embarrassed While Filming Nude Scene With Julia Roberts - Nov 28, 2010
- Julia Roberts, Tom Hanks to reunite for new film - Jan 13, 2010
- Tim Allen tight-lipped about 'Toy Story' role - Apr 07, 2012
- Tom Hanks may star in Bigelow's 'Sleeping Dogs' - Oct 07, 2010
- 'Hollywood business-oriented, doesn't care for art' - Nov 14, 2011
- Malek To Star In 'Breaking Dawn' - Sep 02, 2010
- Muppets meet horrible fates in Saw Parody - Nov 18, 2011
- Reliance Big, Tom Hanks in new entertainment venture - Oct 01, 2010
- Stars Come Together To Honour Mike Nichols - Jun 12, 2010
- 'Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close' tugs at the heartstrings (IANS Movie Review) - Mar 04, 2012