Tom Hanks desperate to play a Shakespearean villainNovember 21st, 2007 - 4:17 pm ICT by admin
Washington, Nov 21 (ANI): Hollywood actor Tom Hanks is eager to wipe out his nice guy image, by playing a Shakespearean villain.
The Cast Away star recently said that though he has made an ultra-successful career out of playing everyday heroes in films, he wouldnst mind getting rid of his stereotype.
He confessed he would love the chance to star in Othello, playing bad guy Iago.
“There are Shakespearean villains I’d jump at the chance to play, given the right circumstances, Contactmusic quoted him, as saying.
Meanwhile the production on Hanks starrer Angels and Demons, the sequel to the controversial The Da Vinci Code, has been delayed due to the writers strike.
The film, based on a bestselling book by Dan Brown, was originally planned to be released in December 2008 to cash in on the Christmas market. (ANI)
- Indian fans will enjoy 'Angels & Demons': Tom Hanks - May 03, 2009
- Third sequel to 'The Da Vinci Code' announced - Apr 22, 2009
- Who doesn't know about Bollywood: Tom Hanks (Interview) - Jul 10, 2011
- 'Angels & Demons' rakes in Rs.19 mn in India over 1st weekend - Jun 01, 2009
- Hollywood stars Hayek, Banderas shatter stereotypes - Oct 28, 2011
- Vatican to boycott 'Angels and Demons' - Mar 24, 2009
- Prakash Raj main villain of 'Dabangg 2': Arbaaz - Oct 25, 2011
- New novel by 'Da Vinci Code' author - Apr 21, 2009
- There are no villains: Manoj Bajpayee - Dec 09, 2011
- Vatican poised to boycott Tom Hanks-starrer Angels & Demons - Mar 24, 2009
- Wish I could've been part of 'Dabangg 2': Sonu Sood - Jan 26, 2012
- Tom Hanks donates to help restore Rosslyn Chapel - Feb 08, 2010
- Top 10 Hollywood movies India fell for (Flashback 2009) - Dec 19, 2009
- Javier Bardem says he'll play villain in next Bond film - Oct 13, 2011
- Simon Pegg wants negative roles - Jun 02, 2012
Tags: actor tom hanks, angels and demons, been delayed, bestselling book, chance to play, christmas market, da vinci code, everyday heroes, guy image, hollywood actor, nice guy, othello, shakespearean villain, stereotype, villains