Tom Cruise’s son enters big screen warAugust 11th, 2009 - 7:14 pm ICT by IBNS
Aug 11 (IBNS) The 14-year-old son of Tom Cruise, Connor Cruise, has landed a role in a remake of the 1984 action war drama Red Dawn, according to the Hollywood Reporter.
The film, costarring actress Isabel Lucas, begins shooting next month in Detroit and is due out September 2010. The cast is reportedly heading off in a few weeks for military training at an undisclosed location.
Connor Cruise, who was adopted by Cruise and then-wife Nicole Kidman, made his big screen debut last year as a young Will Smith in the drama Seven Pounds.
He is expected to follow the footsteps of his action hero father.
And now he is on course for more box office success, thanks to his nod in the new version of 1984 action film Red Dawn, playing the youngest in a group of high school students who wage war against foreign invaders.
Connor Cruise, 14, will join fellow new recruits Josh Hutcherson, Isabel Lucas and Edwin Hodge in the MGM/UA project. Already cast are Chris Hemsworth, Josh Peck and Adrianne Palicki.
Cruise is playing Daryl, the mayor’s son and best friend of tech geek Robert (Hutcherson, in the role originated by C. Thomas Howell).
- Four in training for 'Red Dawn' remake - Aug 10, 2009
- Tom Cruise's son to star in 'Red Dawn' remake - Aug 10, 2009
- Tom Cruise's teenage son follows his father's footsteps - Aug 12, 2009
- Connor Cruise lands his major film role - Aug 13, 2012
- From pages to screen - 'The Hunger Games' - Mar 22, 2012
- Connor Cruise lands role in Red Dawn remake - Sep 16, 2009
- Cruise's son to act in remake of Swayze's film - Sep 16, 2009
- Tom Cruise's Son To Feature In "Red Dawn" Remake - Aug 11, 2009
- Adrianne Palicki all set to play 'Wonder Woman' - Feb 17, 2011
- Haven't asked Miley out formally yet: Liam Hemsworth (Interview) - Mar 18, 2012
- ‘Journey 2: The Mysterious Island’ Reveals Exclusive Set Details - Nov 27, 2010
- Adrianne Palicki Scares As Psycho Killer In "Criminal Minds" - Jan 27, 2011
- Cary Elwes joins the cast of 'Wonder woman' - Mar 07, 2011
- 'The Hunger Games' - great potential lost (IANS Movie Review) - Mar 24, 2012
- Tom Cruise's son turns DJ - May 26, 2011
Tags: action hero, adrianne palicki, box office success, c thomas howell, chris hemsworth, connor cruise, edwin hodge, high school students, hollywood reporter, isabel lucas, josh hutcherson, josh peck, mgm ua, nicole kidman, red dawn, screen debut, tom cruise, ua project, war drama, wife nicole kidman