Tom Cruise to play comic book superheroAugust 20th, 2008 - 12:13 am ICT by IANS
London, Aug 19 (IANS) Hollywood superstar Tom Cruise is reportedly set to become a superhero in an adaptation of comic book classic “Sleeper”.The star is helping set up the movie as a project for Warner Brothers along with director Sam Raimi with an option of starring in the film himself, reports Hollywood.com.
The movie will be adapted from the DC Comics’ “Wildstorm” comic book that centres on a spy whose fusion with an alien artifact makes him immune to pain.
According to radio-station Wenn, Cruise’s acting career seem to have taken a back seat after his publicised marriage to actress Katie Holmes and their pension for Scientology.
Cruise has been reported to be on a mission to change his public image and taking on the role may be a part of the plan.
He recently became the sole boss at United Artists films, after his partner Paula Wagner quit. However, Cruise’s deal allows him to continue working with other studios.
- Tom Cruise to star in superhero pic Sleeper - Aug 20, 2008
- Comic book on movies comes to India with 'Don: The Origin' (With Image) - Dec 20, 2011
- Blunt to star opposite Cruise? - Apr 17, 2012
- Is Tom Cruise going to tie the knot with Yolanda Pecoraro? - Jul 19, 2012
- Tom Cruise celebrates his 49th birthday - Jul 05, 2011
- Tom Cruise eyes 'comeback' in three new films - Aug 20, 2008
- Zac Efron to star in 'Akira'? - Nov 08, 2010
- Comic Book Biography For Taylor Lautner - Oct 28, 2010
- Kirsten Dunst backs new 'Spider-Man' cast - Nov 18, 2010
- Hope to revive popularity of comics: Director Abhishek Sharma (Interview) - Feb 21, 2012
- Audience To Receive A Feast Of Superhero Movies This Summer Like ‘Green Lantern’, ... - Jan 25, 2011
- Chris Hemsworth Shines As 'Thor' In The Movie Trailer - Dec 11, 2010
- Darren Aronofsky might direct latest 'Superman' film - Sep 28, 2010
- Catholic school for scientologist Tom Cruise's daughter - Oct 11, 2009
- Tom Cruise planning reality show - Jul 20, 2010