Tom Cruise to buy house in New YorkJuly 24th, 2012 - 9:19 am ICT by IANS
New York, July 24 (IANS) Actor Tom Cruise is set to buy a new house here so he can spend more time with his daughter Suri after estranged wife Katie Holmes decided to make the city her permanent home.
“Tom’s looking for a new home here. He wants a fresh start. He doesn’t want to go back to the East Village apartment where he was living with Katie,” femalefirst.co.uk quoted a source as saying.
“He’s looking for something that’s very private where he won’t have to deal with going through a lobby, and people outside all the time,” said the source.
The 50-year-old has told friends his main concern is having enough space for Suri to play in.
“He also wants to have a nice amount of space for Suri, with outdoor space. That could mean high-end luxury apartments, but he’s also looking at houses outside of the city or in gated communities,” said a friend.
Holmes filed for divorce last month after five years of marriage and they agreed on their divorce settlement within a matter of weeks, with her getting primary custody of Suri and Cruise being granted visitation rights.
- Tom Cruise trying to 'buy' Suri's love? - Jul 27, 2012
- Katie Holmes fine after split - Jul 05, 2012
- Tom Cruise goes house hunting in New York - Aug 01, 2012
- Cruise takes helicopter ride with Suri - Jul 19, 2012
- Cruise to file for divorce in Los Angeles - Jul 02, 2012
- Holmes apologised to Cruise - Aug 20, 2012
- Holmes changes Suri's wardrobe - Jul 18, 2012
- Cruise reunites with daughter Suri - Jul 18, 2012
- Cruise, Holmes officially divorced - Aug 22, 2012
- Cruise demands significant contact with daughter - Jul 10, 2012
- Cruise sets up trust fund for Suri - Aug 29, 2012
- Cruise plans to win back Suri - Aug 13, 2012
- Holmes cancels red carpet appearance - Jul 29, 2012
- Katie Holmes tries to gain confidence, employs coach - Aug 08, 2012
- Ex-wife sympathises with Tom Cruise - Aug 08, 2012
Tags: apartment, divorce settlement, enough space, femalefirst, fresh start, gated communities, katie holmes, luxury apartments, marriage, outdoor space, suri, tom cruise, visitation rights, wife katie