Tom Cruise To Be Back In Top Gun Sequel!July 1st, 2010 - 8:06 pm ICT by Pen Men At Work
July 1, 2010 (Pen Men at Work): Hollywood star Tom Cruise was seen playing Maverick in the 1986 hit movie Top Gun. Now, there is a buzz that Jerry Bruckheimer, the producer of the film has hinted on making a sequel of Top Gun and Tom Cruise will be back to his pilot seat.
Bruckheimer said, “Recently, we were approached to begin talking about the sequel but nothing is sure yet. Since the first movie was made about 25 years back, the aviation scenario has changed completely. We are now thinking how the Maverick character can be incorporated into the film.”
The producer has admitted that they tried a sequel earlier too. He said, “We tried to come up with a sequel but we could not make it. I worked with my partner Don Simpson. Then Tom Cruise tried to come up with something but that did not happen.”
According to an insider, “Cruise is going to revive his character as Pete ‘Maverick’ Mitchell. So, now Maverick will be seen as an instructor at the Top Gun school and he will have to deal with a cocky new female pilot.”
In the summer of 1986, the first Top Gun movie was released and it earned $354 million across the world. The action film was directed by Tony Scott, which also starred Val Kilmer, Anthony Edwards, Kelly McGillis and Tom Skerritt. The original screenplay was penned by Jim Cash and Jack Epps, Jr.
It will be interesting to see if the Mission Impossible star can make this mission of making Top Gun sequel possible or not.
- Top Gun Sequel In The Making? - Jul 01, 2010
- Tom Cruise To Be IN Pilot Gear For Top Gun 2 - Oct 16, 2010
- Tom Cruise snubs sequel to 'Top Gun' - Oct 16, 2010
- Tom Cruise to reprise Top Gun maverick role? - Jul 02, 2010
- 'Top Gun' sequel on the way? - Jun 30, 2010
- 'Top Gun 2' on the cards - Dec 09, 2011
- Top Gun sequel in the making? - Jul 01, 2010
- 'Top Gun' sequel in the works - Oct 15, 2010
- Tom Cruise to do cameo in 'Top Gun 2' - Oct 28, 2010
- Comic book on movies comes to India with 'Don: The Origin' (With Image) - Dec 20, 2011
- Cruise up for more action after 50 - Dec 15, 2011
- I will really miss Scott, says Cruise - Aug 21, 2012
- Tom Cruise Happy With 'Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol' - Nov 01, 2010
- Salt Director Plans A Sequel With Ben Affleck And Tom Cruise - Jul 29, 2010
- 'Mission Impossible 4' - thrilling action, disappointing cinema (IANS Movie Review - Rating: ** 1/2) - Dec 16, 2011
Tags: action film, anthony edwards, don simpson, epps, female pilot, hollywood star, jerry bruckheimer, kelly mcgillis, maverick, men at work, mission impossible, pen men, pilot seat, sequel, star tom cruise, tom cruise, tom skerritt, top gun, top gun school, val kilmer