Tom Cruise invites widowed sister-in-law into his homeMay 1st, 2009 - 3:23 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, May 1 (ANI): Tom Cruise has opened doors of his Beverly Hills mansion for wife Katie Holmes’ recently widowed sister, while she grieves the loss of her estranged husband.
Holmes’ eldest sister Tamera was married to Joseph Jeffrey Fretti, who died because of a heart attack at his mother’s home in Sarasota, Florida on April 12.
Tamera, 41, had filed for divorce on Feb 13, but was left distraught by the tragedy.
When the ‘Top Gun’ star saw how worried Holmes was for her sister - a single mum of two-he invited his sister-in-law and her kids into his home to help her deal with grief.
“Katie was so worried and upset for Tammy. They are really close and Katie wanted to help any way she could,” Contactmusic quoted a source as telling the National Enquirer.
The source added: “Then Tom came up with the idea of inviting Tammy and the boys to live with them. It meant Katie could keep a close watch on her sister and help her through this tough time. Tom really was a saviour. He wants Katie to be happy, and he knew this would make it so much easier for her.
“The fact that Tom stepped forward and offered to open his home to Tammy and her boys was a great comfort to Katie, her sister and the entire Holmes family at this difficult time.” (ANI)
- Tom Cruise asks grieving sister-in-law to move in with them - May 01, 2009
- Katie Holmes loses brother in-law - Apr 17, 2009
- Katie Holmes' brother-in-law found dead - Apr 16, 2009
- Katie recreates heartbreaking moments as Jackie Kennedy - Aug 18, 2010
- Tom Cruise goes house hunting in New York - Aug 01, 2012
- Ex-wife sympathises with Tom Cruise - Aug 08, 2012
- Cruise's adopted daughter joins Holmes fashion lable - May 11, 2011
- I'm going to India in December: Katie Holmes - Nov 24, 2011
- Baby boy makes medical history as UK's first "saviour sibling" - Dec 22, 2010
- Josh Duhamel and Katie Holmes give an interview for "The Romantics" - Sep 10, 2010
- Holmes' dinner date with lawyer - Jul 30, 2012
- Holmes refused Cruise's birthday request - Jul 05, 2012
- Katie Holmes still gets star-struck by Tom Cruise - Aug 18, 2010
- Cruise, Holmes part ways - Jun 30, 2012
- Tom Cruise dismisses Anne Hathaway Oscar boycott rumours - Jan 12, 2011
Tags: beverly hills, close watch, deal with grief, eldest sister, fretti, heart attack, holmes family, home in sarasota florida, katie holmes, may 1, national enquirer, saviour, sister in law, tamera, tammy, time tom, tom cruise, top gun, tragedy, wife katie