Tom Cruise credits Scientology for beating his dyslexia problemJanuary 5th, 2009 - 12:12 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, Jan 5 (ANI): Hollywood actor Tom Cruise has revealed that the teachings of Church of Scientology helped him beat dyslexia.
The 46-year-old revealed that at the age of seven he was diagnosed as having the language-based learning disability that can include problems in reading, spelling, writing and pronouncing words, reports the China Daily.
“I asked myself if I was normal or an idiot. I would try to concentrate but I felt anxiety, frustration, boredom. When I graduated from high school in 1980 I was functionally illiterate,” he told XL Semanal, the weekly magazine supplement of daily Spanish newspaper ABC.
“Nobody gave me a solution and I wanted to know why the system had failed. Finally, as an adult I learned to read perfectly through the method of
[Scientology''s late founder] L. Ron Hubbard,” he added. (ANI)
- Tom Cruise credits Scientology for fixing his dyslexia - Jan 05, 2009
- Now, a toolkit for dyslexic students in Indian schools - Jul 25, 2012
- Scientologist Kelly Preston had a 'silent birth' when she welcomed son - Jan 21, 2011
- Tom Cruise denies claims that Scientology interviewed women for him - Sep 04, 2012
- Russia Bans Scientology Texts - Apr 23, 2010
- This British mogul cannot read! - Jun 04, 2011
- Sir Jackie Stewart: I was millimetres away from a life of violence - Nov 02, 2010
- Scientology leader was a 'fraud', say British diplomats - Aug 06, 2009
- Jennifer Lopez & husband may have split because of Scientology - Aug 15, 2011
- Katie Holmes' 'film crew inks contract not to quiz her on Scientology' - Jul 05, 2009
- Is Tom Cruise going to tie the knot with Yolanda Pecoraro? - Jul 19, 2012
- Was the Church of Scientology auditioning women for Tom Cruise to marry? - Jul 09, 2012
- Tom Cruise, Katie Holmes 'have an open marriage' - Jun 17, 2010
- Lazy label aggravates kids' problems - Apr 15, 2010
- Tom Cruise's bizarre Scientology 'book-and-bottle' ritual revealed - Nov 07, 2009
Tags: adult, anxiety, boredom, china daily, church of scientology, frustration, hollywood, hollywood actor, l ron hubbard, learning disability, magazine supplement, New Delhi, pronouncing words, spanish newspaper abc, tom cruise, xl