Title tattle for Yash RajMarch 19th, 2009 - 5:10 pm ICT by Sampurn Wire
Finding the right title for a film has always been an issue if one does not even have a right working title it can lead to bigger issues. Yash Raj Film’s are going through the same dilemma. Earlier just few months back for months they were struggling to find a suitable title for their Kunal Kohli directed Saif Ali Khan - Rani Mukerji starrer film and when they finally zeroed down on one they had to face problems from another maker for similar sounding title. Now their forthcoming venture that is being directed by debutant Anurag Sinha and starring Rani Mukerji and Shahid Kapoor in the lead roles seems to have another issue.
Sources reveal, “That the makers wanted a small one word title for this sports movie and zeroed upon Hadippa. They found it apt as it is related to sports. However, this title has already registered by none other than Sanjay Leela Bhansali. Sanjay is not ready to part with the title. Yash Raj people have been repeatedly trying to convince Bhansali to give them this title but he is simply not ready to part with it. Going by Sanjay Leela’s films, he has always made romantic ventures so everybody is curious as to what kind of film he will make with this title.
The film is almost ready but until then Yash Raj Films are now left with no option but to look for an alternative title for the film. It is said that Rani plays the character of a cricket enthusiast in the film who is so obsessed with the sport that she will go to any level to play it. This obsession pushes her to disguise herself as a man and enter an all male cricket squad.
Shahid Kapoor plays a cricket player. However, no official confirmation about the film’s storyline has come from Yash Raj Films about the storyline as yet. -Sampurn Media
- 'Dil Bole Hadippa' wins German magazine award - Aug 03, 2010
- Watch out for cricketer Rani in 'Dil Bole Hadippa!' (IANS Preview) - Sep 14, 2009
- Ranbir gives Bengali a shot (Movie Snippets) - Sep 06, 2012
- Designer Shabina Khan turns producer with 'Rowdy Rathore' - Apr 03, 2012
- Dil Bole Hadippa Bags German Magazine Award - Aug 04, 2010
- Rani getting superstitious? - Jul 27, 2009
- Success more dangerous than failure: Shahid Kapoor (Interview) - May 20, 2012
- Bhansali not adapting 'Padmavati' opera in movie - Mar 15, 2011
- Bollywood Gupshup of the Week (13th Sep to 18th Sep 2010) - Sep 15, 2010
- 'Dil Bole Hadippa' is not woman-centric: Shahid Kapoor - Sep 16, 2009
- From stadiums to screen, a leap for Bollywood - May 17, 2010
- Rani got cricket tips from SRK, moustache help from Aamir - Sep 17, 2009
- Friends forever: Sanjay Bhansali-Aditya Chopra Patch up - Feb 11, 2010
- Shahid Kapoor's 'Dil Bole Hadippa' on World Cup victory - Apr 03, 2011
- Guzaarish - A Portrayal Of Human Sufferings - Nov 13, 2010
Tags: anurag sinha, confirmation, cricket enthusiast, cricket player, dilemma, kunal, obsession, raj, rani mukerji, saif ali khan, sanjay leela bhansali, shahid kapoor, Sports, suitable title, tattle, word title, yash raj films