‘Titanic 3D’ trailer releasedNovember 17th, 2011 - 8:38 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
Hollywood, Nov 17 (THAINDIAN NEWS) The epic 1997 movie Titanic will be released in 3D next year. Ahead of the release of the movie, a trailer of the 11 Oscar-winning movie has been released. The trailer promises viewers “This April, take the journey, fall in love, and experience Titanic like never before.”
Staring Kate Winslet and Leonardo DiCaprio, Titanic became the most successful movie when it was released in 1997. The James Cameron-directed movie grossed over $1.8 billion in Box Office to become the first movie in the history of Hollywood to cross the $1 billion mark. The movie, which cost $200 million to made, became the most expensive movie at that time. The success of the movie continued after it was released on DVD. It became the first movie to sell more than 1 million DVD copies.
The American Film Institute ranks Titanic as the sixth best epic movie of all times.
The re-release of the movie in 2012 is planned to coincide with the 100th anniversary of the sinking of the iconic liner. When Titanic made its maiden voyage on the 6th of April 1912, the builders hailed it as the ‘unsinkable.’
Tragedy however struck when the ship failed to reach its destination. It struck an iceberg and more than 1,000 of the passengers died.
- Winslet's fears over nude scene in 'Titanic 3D' - Mar 29, 2012
- James Cameron Announces "Titanic" 3D Release - Jul 10, 2010
- James Cameron Plans A 'Titanic' 3-D Release In April 2012 - Jul 07, 2010
- 3-D 'Titanic' to release in April 2012 - Jul 06, 2010
- Censoring takes 3D 'Titanic' fun out for Chinese - Apr 11, 2012
- 'Titanic 3D' more magnificent after 15 years (IANS Movie) - Apr 06, 2012
- Chinese shipyard to build Titanic II - May 02, 2012
- 'Titanic' in 3D: Indian fans excited, experts doubtful (Lead) - Apr 03, 2012
- 'Titanic' in 3D -- Indian fans excited, experts doubtful - Apr 03, 2012
- Kate Winslet's nude 'Titanic' sketch to go under the hammer - Apr 03, 2011
- I'm thinner than Leo: Winslet - Apr 03, 2012
- Lebanese families remember loved ones on Titanic - Apr 17, 2012
- Winslet, DiCaprio's 'Titanic' costumes to go on display - Jan 08, 2011
- Titanic wreckage to become Unesco heritage - Apr 06, 2012
- James Cameron: Titanic 3D to be released in 2012 - Mar 16, 2010
Tags: 1 billion, 1 million, 100th anniversary, american film institute, box office, epic movie, history of hollywood, hollywood, james cameron, journey, kate winslet, leonardo dicaprio, love, maiden voyage, titanic 3d, tragedy