Tisca Chopra to host 42nd IFFI opening ceremonyNovember 22nd, 2011 - 3:08 pm ICT by IANS
Panaji, Nov 22 (IANS) The 10-day extravaganza of the 42nd International Film Festival of India will start Wednesday and actress Tisca Chopra has tweeted that she will host the opening ceremony.
“Off to Goa for IFFI - International Film Fest Of India, hosting the opening ceremony,” Tisca posted on micro-blogging site Twitter.
Actor Rahul Khanna will co-host the opening ceremony with her.
The festival, which will take place at Ravindra Bhavan auditorium in Margao, aims to be a one-stop-shop for cultural exchanges between Indian filmmakers and artists and cinema experts from several countries.
Bollywood superstar Shah Rukh Khan will inaugurate the festival.
The guest list of the festival includes eminent French filmmaker Luc Besson, Hollywood actress Michelle Yeoh as well as Laurence Kardish, Dan Wolman, Raima Sen, Dino Morea and Prem Chopra.
- Shah Rukh Khan to inaugurate IFFI - Nov 17, 2011
- Matching global trends, IFFI tries many firsts - Nov 11, 2011
- Shah Rukh offers to strip at IFFI opener - Nov 23, 2011
- Curtains come down on 42nd IFFI (Review) - Dec 04, 2011
- Ecelectic mix and new cinema tech on show at IFFI - Nov 30, 2011
- Kamat's constituency gets Rs.15 crore to build cinema halls - Nov 25, 2011
- Now Michelle Yeoh sidelined at IFFI function - Dec 03, 2011
- Hollywood splash in Bollywood country! (2011 in Retrospect) - Dec 27, 2011
- Suited, booted SRK feels awkward in Goa - Nov 23, 2011
- Lovely meeting beautiful Bollywooders: Winfrey - Jan 17, 2012
- Ajay Devgn to attend IFFI opening ceremony - Nov 21, 2010
- One film a year from now, says Kunder (Movie Snippets) - Aug 05, 2012
- It's vacation time for Farhan Akhtar (Movie Snippets) - Jun 12, 2012
- Suu Kyi biopic, a risky journey for director Besson - Dec 06, 2011
- Oz director wants cricket movie on India, Pakistan, Australia - Nov 27, 2011
Tags: blogging, cultural exchanges, dino morea, extravaganza, french filmmaker, goa, hollywood actress, iffi, indian filmmakers, international film fest, international film festival, luc besson, michelle yeoh, opening ceremony, prem chopra, rahul khanna, raima sen, shah rukh khan, tisca chopra, wolman