‘Tintin’ earns Rs.7.35 crore, highest Spielberg grosser in IndiaNovember 14th, 2011 - 7:08 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Nov 14 (IANS) Animation movie “The Adventures of Tintin: The Secret of The Unicorn” has earned about Rs.7.35 crore over three days, making it the highest opening for any Steven Spielberg film in India.
The film released with over 350 prints in both English and Hindi in the 3D and 2D formats. Apart from the big cities, this is the first movie to open simultaneously in smaller centres like Alwar, Gwalior, Akola, Amravati, Madurai, Salem and Trichur.
“Not only is the animated genre gaining ground amongst all age groups in India, but Tintin is unique in the sense that the franchise is enjoyed and appreciated by a very wide audience right from kids to adults who grew up on Tintin,” Kercy Daruwala, managing director, Sony Pictures India, said in a statement.
“There is an amazing passion for both the franchise and the film in India with even celebrities like Aamir Khan giving the film an enthusiastic thumbs-up. The film’s collections have increased day upon day and we expect to see the film sustain strongly based on excellent word of mouth,” Daruwala added.
“Tintin” fans can’t stop heaping praise on the animated franchise and term it an intelligent film.
“There is not a dull moment in the movie. You never feel you are watching animated characters because they are so true to life. And at the same time it doesn’t not step away from the Tintin cartoon,” said Brishti Ganguly, a young school-going fan.
Praising the film, Anand V, another Tintin fan, said: “Spielberg has not made a predictable film. He has merged three-four Tintin comics in the movie in a very intelligent way. The characters are fantastic - Captain Haddock is lovable. All the characters live up to their images.”
- 'The Adventures of Tintin' wins Golden Globe for best animated film - Jan 16, 2012
- 'The Adventures of Tintin' - a Spiel-bugging experiment (IANS Movie Review - Rating: ** 1/2) - Nov 10, 2011
- Comic book on movies comes to India with 'Don: The Origin' (With Image) - Dec 20, 2011
- Steven Spielberg to debut in Comic-Con event - Jul 15, 2011
- 5 Most Anticipated Hollywood Movies That Promises A Blast In 2011 - Dec 29, 2010
- Peter Jackson co-directs new Tintin via internet! - Oct 25, 2009
- 'The Artist' bags maximum Golden Globe gongs (Roundup) - Jan 16, 2012
- Jolie sprinkles Rs.78 mn worth 'Salt' on Indian box office - Jul 27, 2010
- Lucknow, poetry, gripping fiction on bookshelf (IANS Books This Week) - Nov 03, 2011
- Steven Spielberg to helm first Tintin flick - Aug 28, 2008
- 'The Artist' gets 12 nods, leads BAFTA nominations - Jan 17, 2012
- Angelina Starrer Salt Collects 7.8 Crore In First Week In India - Jul 28, 2010
- Now '...It's Love in Bihar' for Rajat Kapoor, Vinay Pathak - Sep 07, 2011
- IMAX And Paramount Pictures To Collaborate For Four Films - Jan 13, 2011
- 'Karate Kid' grosses Rs.45 mn in opening weekend in India - Jun 14, 2010
Tags: aamir khan, age groups, amravati, captain haddock, dull moment, even celebrities, franchise, gwalior, intelligent film, madurai, managing director, New Delhi, secret of the unicorn, sony pictures, steven spielberg, steven spielberg film, tintin comics, trichur, true to life, word of mouth