Tinsley Mortimer’s Stint on The Fashion ShowMay 15th, 2009 - 4:53 pm ICT by GD
The second episode of Bravo’s high fashion offering, The Fashion Show, features a challenge that makes its professional designer contestants break out in cold sweat. On this episode socialite Tinsley Mortimer joins Isaac Mizrahi, Kelly Rowland and Fern Mallis, Senior Vice President of IMG Fashion, on the judges panel and throws to the contestants the Harper’s Bazaar mini-challenge. They have to prove the age-old saying “one doesn’t have to spend a lot of money to look good”. The designers are to put together two outfits for Mortimer, one that is to be a budget outfit, with a funding of $40 only and one look that she can wear to the bank.
At the elimination round, the designers are to work in teams to put together an outfit for one of Tinsley’s social events. The designers are still under a strict budget but must put together an outfit and accessories that is in keeping with Tinsley Mortimer’s high society fashion requisites.
The Fashion Show, hosted by international designer Isaac Mizrahi and Kelly Rowland, winner of four Grammies, features fifteen designers who compete in the show to have their designs sold at retail outlets and to win a $125,000 prize. Mizrahi and Rowland are also on the judges’ panel with Mallis and a guest judge.
On the second episode the contestants see that Kristine, one of the designers on the show, has quit after the very first challenge and that they will be in the same teams as the first week. The coordination and camaraderie already established in the first week between the teams stays on, adding to the morale on the show. But it remains to be seen if they can sort out their differences and create outfits that match Mortimer’s snooty falooty high society standards.
- Kelly Rowland in no mood to follow in Beyonce's 'designing' footsteps - Jul 14, 2009
- Tinsley Mortimer Comes Up With New Reality Show - Mar 11, 2010
- Caroline Flack laughs off Harry Style's dating news - May 23, 2012
- Rowland wants to work with N-Dubz - Oct 03, 2011
- Indian designers: Merry time in global arena (2011 In Retrospect) (With images) - Dec 19, 2011
- Kelly Osbourne is now 'Fashion Police' - Aug 31, 2010
- Be Bollywood's 'Chosen One'! - Apr 18, 2012
- Kelly Rowland out of 'X Factor' - Oct 30, 2011
- Lady Gaga To Appear On "Launch My Line" - Dec 23, 2009
- Sonakshi walks ramp for J.J. Valaya at LFW - Mar 06, 2012
- Singer Tulisa Contostavlos sports a tan - Feb 17, 2012
- Bob Mackie & Christina Aguilera In Project Runway - Oct 16, 2009
- Kelly Rowland quits 'The X-Factor' - May 01, 2012
- Kelly Rowland wants to kiss Tinie Tempah - Nov 16, 2011
- Bieber turns alien for 'Men In Black 3' (With Image) - May 15, 2012
Tags: bazaar, camaraderie, cold sweat, coordination, designer isaac mizrahi, designers, grammies, guest judge, high fashion, isaac mizrahi, judges panel, kelly rowland, mini challenge, professional designer, requisites, retail outlets, senior vice president, stint, strict budget, tinsley mortimer