Tina’s ‘Uttaran’ tales with Vidya’s ‘Kahaani’February 23rd, 2012 - 1:53 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Feb 23 (IANS) Tina Dutta, who plays Ichha in popular show “Uttaran”, says it was an “amazing” experience to shoot a special episode with Vidya Balan who came to promote her forthcoming movie “Kahaani” and shot with a faux pregnant tummy.
The story of “Kahaani”, a thriller that tells the tale of a pregnant woman in search of her missing husband, coincides with the current plot of “Uttaran”, in which Ichha goes looking for her missing child.
“We both are portraying women of character who have lost their loved ones and, therefore, the agony of a female which is an essential part of both these characters makes a strong connect for me,” Tina told IANS.
Vidya dressed as her “Kahaani” character Vidya Bagchi for the show and Tina says it was great to shoot with her.
“It was an amazing experience. We worked together in ‘Parineeta’ before and it was amazing to see her again after so many years. Just like me, she has also worked on both television and movies and we spent a lot of time exchanging notes on how to give every role we portray our complete best,” she said.
The 21-year-old says she is inspired by Vidya, adding: “Vidya is a realistic actor. She has essayed various roles and done justice to each one of them. The best part about her is that she can pull off any role with a lot of dignity and class.”
No wonder she is also looking forward to the release of “Kahaani” March 9.
“I love all Vidya Balan movies but I am especially excited to watch ‘Kahaani’ as after meeting Vidya and knowing about the connect her character has with mine on ‘Uttaran’, it will be a different experience altogether,” said Tina.
The special episode will be aired in the first week of March.
- A rare film that can claim to be a game-changer (IANS Hindi Film Review) - Mar 08, 2012
- Vidya Balan is now 'Bombaat Balan' - Nov 25, 2011
- It's vacation time for Farhan Akhtar (Movie Snippets) - Jun 12, 2012
- Will Vidya stike gold again with 'Kahaani'? (IANS Preview) - Mar 05, 2012
- Vidya played choosy before saying yes for 'Kahaani' - Feb 16, 2012
- The uniqueness of being Vidya Balan - Mar 24, 2011
- Kahaani's dream, Kolkata Metro's nightmare - Mar 04, 2012
- Sujoy Ghosh wishes Vidya Happy B'day - Jan 01, 2012
- Playing pregnant woman was cakewalk for Vidya - Jan 11, 2012
- 'Aladdin' flopped as I failed to tell a story: Sujoy Ghosh - Feb 10, 2012
- 'Kahaani' to be adapted into novel - Feb 18, 2012
- 'Uttaran' takes 18-year leap, Tina plays double role - Mar 20, 2012
- Co-incidentally I've become face of change: Vidya - Feb 23, 2012
- Meet Vidya Balan's hero in 'Kahaani' - Mar 13, 2012
- I've got more than I expected: Vidya Balan - Mar 10, 2012