Tina Fey named Entertainer of the YearDecember 24th, 2008 - 1:31 pm ICT by ANI
New York, Dec 24 (ANI): Tina Fey has been named Entertainer of the Year by The Associated Press.
The 38-year-old comedian gained instant fame for her impersonation of Alaska governor Sarah Palin on Saturday Night Live.
Fey’’s five appearances on the late night comedy were watched by millions on TV and on the Web.
“She simultaneously entertained us with her wit and put a mirror up to the nation during the election and made us think about what was going on,” the New York Daily News quoted Scott Shive, assistant features editor at the Lexington Herald-Leader, as saying.
Second place in the voting, conducted by the AP among newspaper editors and broadcast producers, went to Robert Downey Jr., who starred in the blockbuster hit “Iron Man.”
Late Aussie actor Heath Ledger, who gave a stirring performance as the Joker in “The Dark Knight,” came third. (ANI)
- Tina Fey Might Again Impersonate Sarah Palin In "SNL" - Feb 19, 2010
- SNL pokes fun on Palin with the 'The Sarah Palin Network' - Apr 12, 2010
- Tracy Morgan's 'masturbation' rant about Palin leaves execs red-faced - Jan 29, 2011
- TNT Apologizes After Tracy Morgan Calls Sarah Palin 'Great Masturbation Material'! - Jan 29, 2011
- Tina Fey Youngest Recipient of the Mark Twain Prize - Nov 12, 2010
- Tina Fey says Sarah Palin impersonation may have hurt' '30 Rock' - Apr 06, 2011
- When Joker made Batman cry - Jun 06, 2012
- No replacement for Heath Ledger's Joker role in Batman - Jun 07, 2010
- Tina Fey, Sarah Palin Impressionist, Wins Mark Twain Humor Award - May 26, 2010
- No replacement of Ledger in 'The Dark Knight' sequel - Jun 08, 2010
- Anna Hathaway spoofs Kate Middleton on SNL - Nov 22, 2010
- How Sarah Palin is helping Tina Fey become richer - Apr 24, 2010
- Tina Fey to be honored with the 'Mark Twain Prize for American Humor' - May 26, 2010
- Tina Fey honored with the Mark Twain prize - Nov 12, 2010
- Tracy Morgan calls Sarah Palin 'the hottest MILF in the world' - Jan 31, 2011
Tags: actor heath, alaska governor sarah palin, assistant features editor, blockbuster, broadcast producers, entertainer of the year, governor sarah palin, heath ledger, impersonation, lexington herald leader, new york daily news, new york dec, newspaper editors, night comedy, robert downey, robert downey jr, sarah palin, saturday night live, shive, tina fey