Times Square Ball Dropping Ceremony Aired On TelevisionJanuary 1st, 2010 - 8:45 pm ICT by GD
By Madhuri Dey
Jan 1, (THAINDIAN NEWS) The ball dropping ceremony at Times Square is the biggest ceremony in the country that is held to usher in the new year. At the event, a 12,000 pound ball is dropped from the pole at the top of the Times Square building. The ball takes approximately a minute to reach the bottom of the pole. This year, the ball dropping event to welcome 2010 was attended by at least a million people from far and wide, including celebrities like Jennifer Lopez and Daughtry, who were invited to perform. The show, being one of the biggest ones, was aired live on a number of networks.
Since the event is held at Times Square, a public and open space, no rights to exclusive coverage is given to any network. Besides being aired on television, the event could be watched on the internet, as it was being streamed live. Videos of the ball dropping ceremony is also available on the net. Arguably, the best place to watch the event was the show on ABC, “Dick Clark’s Rockin’ New Years Eve With Ryan Seacrest.” The show was hosted by Dick Clark and Ryan Seacrest, and covered performances in Las Vegas by the Black Eyed Peas, Selena Gomez, Justin Bieber and Orianthi among others, as well as the live performance by Jennifer Lopez and Daughtry at Times Square.
The other show that made a good coverage was the NBC show “New Years Eve With Carson Daly”, co-hosted by Natalie Morales and Allison Stewart. There is also the “New Years Eve Live” on CNN, hosted by Kathy Griffin and Anderson Cooper. Other than this, there are a host of other shows on television covering the new years eve celebrations.
- JLo to welcome New Year with live performance at Times Square - Dec 24, 2009
- Lopez to rock Times Square on New Year's eve - Dec 24, 2009
- JLo and her sexy catsuit perform on New Year's Eve - Jan 02, 2010
- Dick Clark Set To Greet New Year And Fans With Ryan Searcrest - Dec 29, 2010
- Dick Clark Hosts New Year Ceremony In New York - Jan 01, 2010
- 2010 Ushered In By The Ball Drop At Times Square - Jan 01, 2010
- Ryan Seacrest Gives Updates On New Year's Show Preparations And American Idol - Jan 01, 2010
- The Dick Clark New Years Eve Bash With Ke$ha And Willow Smith - Jan 03, 2011
- Lopez finds 'American Idol' hard to work on - Jan 11, 2012
- Dick Clark Honored At Daytime Emmys 2010 - Jun 28, 2010
- My New Year's resolution is to 'not become a d----- bag', says Ke$ha - Jan 02, 2011
- Lopez, Tyler new 'American Idol' judges - Sep 23, 2010
- Lady Gaga performs at the IHeartRadio music festival - Sep 26, 2011
- Chris Daughtry Performs "September", Urges Audiences To Stay "Hungry" - May 13, 2010
- Gomez named ambassador of Seacrest's charity - Apr 22, 2012
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,