Timberlake’s southern hospitality restaurant sued for sexual discriminationMay 16th, 2009 - 2:12 pm ICT by ANI
New York, May 16 (ANI): Pop star Justin Timberlake’s Southern Hospitality restaurant has been slapped with a sexual discrimination suit, after a fired employ accused her employers of harassment.
Shockingly this is the second time in 6 months that Timberlake’s Upper East Side barbecue joint has been sued by a former employee, according to reports.
In the suit, former employ Alison McDaniel claims that Timberlake business partners Eytan Sugarman and Ronnie Kaplan are guilty of “vile and discriminatory conduct.”
McDaniel, 29 revealed that she was spit on, pelted with expletives, and subjected to porn.
“In at least one instance, defendants Sugarman and Kaplan viewed … pornography while in a locked room with McDaniel and made fun of her when she began crying,” the New York Daily News quoted the suit, filed in Manhattan Supreme Court, as claiming.
Though the publicist for Southern Hospitality had no comment, Timberlake and his best friend Tracy Ayala have been named as defendants.
McDaniel also alleged that another hostess who was fired was nicknamed “that ghetto girl at the door”.
McDaniel, who worked at the Second Ave. restaurant for a year, was fired after she wrote a memo complaining of the harassment. (ANI)
- Timberlake faces sex discrimination charges - May 17, 2009
- Justin Timberlake to expand restaurant business - Jan 31, 2009
- Denver Broncos Fires Josh McDaniels As Head Coach - Dec 07, 2010
- 'Price is Right' model sues former employer - Sep 08, 2011
- Blogging de-stress new mothers - Jun 20, 2012
- Daniel McDaniels Shoots Himself Accidentally While Trying To Shoot Skunk - Oct 05, 2010
- Tobey Maguire sued for illegal poker game - Jun 23, 2011
- Of irresistible barbecues at Srinagar's Khayam Chowk (Feature, With Images) - Feb 20, 2012
- Jessica Biel wants to open bakery - Jul 27, 2012
- Delta Airlines Pilot Arrested On Concealed Weapon Charges - May 18, 2010
- Lincoln, NE woman sentenced for her role in cocaine conspiracy - Feb 24, 2010
- Former Bodyguard Fernando Flores sues Britney Spears - Sep 09, 2010
- Timberlake's clothing company honoured - Mar 12, 2011
- First Black Texas Secretary Of State Passes Away - Mar 03, 2010
- Hulk Hogan getting serious with his girlfriend - Sep 29, 2009
Tags: ayala, business partners, discrimination suit, discriminatory conduct, expletives, eytan sugarman, friend tracy, ghetto girl, hostess, justin timberlake, kaplan, locked room, mcdaniel, new york daily news, pop star, publicist, sexual discrimination, southern hospitality restaurant, upper east side, york daily news