Timberlake to buy stake in basketball team?September 9th, 2012 - 5:53 am ICT by IANS
Los Angeles, Sep 9 (IANS) Actor-singer Justin Timberlake is reportedly planning to buy a small stake in his native Tennessee’s basketball team Memphis Grizzlies.
According to CommercialAppeal.com, Timberlake is said to have agreed to become a shareholder in businessman Robert Pera’s syndicate to buy the National Basketball Association (NBA) team, reports dailystar.co.uk.
If the deal gets the green light, Timberlake won’t be the first star to buy into an NBA team. Rap icon Jay-Z is co-owner of the Brooklyn Nets and Will Smith has a stake in the Philadelphia 76ers.
- O.J. Mayo Suspended After Testing Positive For DHEA - Jan 28, 2011
- Jay Z to perform at Paralympics closing - Sep 05, 2012
- Jay-Z in run for 'Dad of the Year' award - May 25, 2012
- Memphis again sign Haddadi - Jan 01, 2012
- Jay-Z wants to be US President - Nov 04, 2010
- Jay-Z teams with Pharrell for clothing line - Aug 05, 2011
- Beyonce wants babies, but only when she is ready - Sep 01, 2010
- Jay-Z wanted to be rich via basketball - Jan 12, 2011
- Beyonce, Jay-Z to perform at royal wedding reception? - Apr 25, 2011
- A memorable birthday for Beyonce - Sep 09, 2010
- Jay Z to invest in Arsenal - Sep 13, 2010
- Biel, Timberlake plan secret, private wedding - Aug 14, 2012
- Pearl Jam to perform at Jay-Z's festival - May 23, 2012
- Jay Z Invests In Chicken Joint Owned By Cousin - Jan 14, 2011
- Jay-Z, Beyonce upset with Kardashian - Sep 02, 2012
Tags: basketball team, brooklyn, brooklyn nets, businessman, co owner, first star, jay z, justin timberlake, memphis grizzlies, national basketball association, native tennessee, nba team reports, pera, philadelphia 76ers, rap, shareholder, stake, syndicate, team memphis, will smith