Tim Burton to head 63rd Cannes Festival JuryJanuary 27th, 2010 - 4:47 pm ICT by IANS
New York, Jan 27 (IANS) Hollywood filmmaker Tim Burton, known for making animation and fantasy films, will head the jury at the 63rd Cannes Film Festival. He says it’s like a dream come true.
“It’s a great honour and I look forward, with my fellow jurors, to watching some great films from around the world. When you think of Cannes, you think of world cinema. And as films have always been like dreams to me, this is a dream come true,” Burton was quoted as saying by hollywood.com.
Some of Burton’s movies are “Edward Scissorhands”, “Charlie and the Chocolate Factory”, “Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street” and “Alice in Wonderland”.
Cannes festival president Gilles Jacob said: “It’s the first time an artist, whose origins are in animation, will preside over the jury of the Festival de Cannes. A filmmaker with a heart of gold and silver hands, Tim Burton is first and foremost a poet.
“He’s a magician of visual delights who turns the screen into a fairy wonder. We hope his sweet madness and gothic humour will pervade the Croisette, bringing Christmas to all.”
- Shekar Kapur invites Tim Burton to make film in India - May 16, 2010
- Depp a great character actor, says Burton - Sep 02, 2012
- Hollywood producer Richard Zanuck dies - Jul 14, 2012
- Burton wants Downey Jr. in 'Pinocchio' film - Jan 08, 2012
- Tim Burton's Alice In Wonderland Crosses The $1 Billion Mark - May 28, 2010
- Johnny Depp to Start Shooting 'Dark Shadows' in Spring - Nov 05, 2010
- Jolie to play evil fairy for next? - Mar 30, 2010
- Robin Hood to premiere at the Cannes - Mar 27, 2010
- Gaga to perform at Cannes film fest - May 11, 2011
- Cannes movie marathon ends as prizes start to roll out - May 24, 2010
- Cannes 2010 Has A Fascinating Lineup Fascinating - Apr 16, 2010
- Johnny Depp Turns 47 Today - Jun 09, 2010
- "Edward Scissorhands" Adapted For Stage, Made On Lower Budget - Jun 27, 2010
- Burton says he wouldn't have made 'Alice in Wonderland' if it wasn't in 3D - Mar 06, 2010
- 'Toy Story 3' wins best animated feature film Oscar - Feb 28, 2011
Tags: alice in wonderland, cannes festival, cannes film festival, charlie and the chocolate, charlie and the chocolate factory, croisette, demon barber of fleet street, edward scissorhands, fantasy films, fellow jurors, festival de cannes, gilles jacob, gold and silver, great films, heart of gold, hollywood filmmaker, sweeney todd the demon barber of fleet street, sweet madness, tim burton, world cinema