Tilak Kumar elected INS presidentSeptember 13th, 2012 - 6:04 pm ICT by IANS
Bangalore, Sep 13 (IANS) K.N. Tilak Kumar of Deccan Herald and Prajavani was elected president of The Indian Newspaper Society (INS) for 2012-13 at its 73rd annual general meeting here Thursday.
Tilak Kumar succeeds Ashish Bagga of India Today, an INS statement said.
Ravindra Kumar (The Statesman) is the new deputy president, Kiran B. Vadodaria (Sambhaav Metro) the vice president and Sanjay Gupta (Dainik Jagran, Varanasi) the honorary treasurer, the statement said.
V. Shankaran remains the secretary general of INS.
The other members of the Executive Committee are:
B.S. Adityan (Vaarantari Rani), L. Adimoolam (Health and The Antiseptic),
Pawan Agarwal (Dainik Bhaskar, Bhopal), Samahit Bal (Pragativadi), K. Balaji (The Hindu Weekly), P.V. Chandran (Grihalakshmi), V.K. Chopra (Dainik Asam), Rishi Darda (Lokmat, Ahmednagar), Vijay Darda (Lokmat), Jagjit Singh Dardi (Charhdikala Daily), Ravindra Dhariwal (Navbharat Times), Mahendra Mohan Gupta (Dainik Jagran), Pradeep Gupta (Dataquest),
Shailesh Gupta (Mid-Day), Shekhar Gupta (Loksatta, Mumbai), Sanjay Hazari (The Tribune), Mohit Jain (Economic Times), R. Lakshmipathy (Dinamalar),
Rajul Maheshwari (Amar Ujala), Jayant Mammen Mathew (Malayala Manorama),
Vilas A. Marathe (Dainik Hindusthan, Amravati), Naresh Mohan (Sunday Statesman), Abhijit Pratap Pawar (Gomantak, Goa), Maheshwer Peri (Outlook), R.M.R. Ramesh (Dinakaran), K. Raja Prasad Reddy (Sakshi, Vishakhapatnam), Rakesh Sharma (Aaj Samaj), Somesh Sharma (Rashtradoot Saptahik), Manoj Kumar Sonthalia (The New Indian Express), Akila Urankar (Business Standard), M. Venkatesh (Hindustan Times), Vijay Kumar Chopra (Punjabi Kesari, Jalandhar), Pratap G. Pawar (Sakal), Abhay Chhajlani (Nai Dunia), M.P. Veerendrakumar (Mathrubhumi), Jacob Mathew (Vanitha), Bahubali S. Shah (Gujarat Samachar), Hormusji N. Cama (Bombay Samachar Weekly), T. Venkttaram Reddy (Deccan Chronicle), Kundan R. Vyas (Vyapar, Mumbai) and Ashish Bagga (India Today).
- Vyas is new INS president - Sep 24, 2010
- BJP poses more questions to PM, Jaiswal over coal block allocations (Lead) - Sep 11, 2012
- Advani jibe at PM on Emergency - Jan 05, 2012
- Katju stands firm, publishers protest - Nov 17, 2011
- Super Kings opt to bat against Deccan Chargers - May 04, 2012
- Freedom fighter Jawaharlal Darda's widow dead - Jul 19, 2012
- What the teams got on the first day of IPL-4 auction - Jan 08, 2011
- IPL-4 auction: Gambhir top grosser; No takers for Lara, Ganguly (Lead) - Jan 08, 2011
- Royal Challengers opt to bowl against Deccan Chargers - May 20, 2012
- This is how the IPL teams will look - Jan 09, 2011
Tags: amar ujala, bombay samachar, dainik jagran, deccan chronicle, deccan herald, gujarat samachar, indian newspaper society, jacob mathew, jagjit singh, lokmat, loksatta mumbai, malayala manorama, navbharat times, new indian express, pradeep gupta, pragativadi, pratap pawar, punjabi kesari, rakesh sharma, shekhar gupta