Tigmanshu Dhulia makes acting debut with ‘Gangs of Wasseypur’May 3rd, 2012 - 8:40 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, May 3 (IANS) Director Tigmanshu Dhulia makes his acting debut with “Gangs of Wasseypur”. Director Anurag Kashyap is full of praises for him and said that Dhuila is a big actor from Nation School of Drama (NSD), but no one gave him an opportunity.
“Tigmanshu Duhlia is playing a major part in the film. He is a very big actor from NSD but no one gave him an opportunity. In fact, this is his debut as an actor. He is outstanding,” Kashapy told reporters Thursday at the theatrical trailer release of the film.
Dhulia is known for directing “Saheb Biwi Aur Gangster” and “Paan Singh Tomar”.
“He (Dhulia) plays a character from the age of 40 to 90 years. He is incredible and you have to see his performance,” said Kashyap.
About coal mafia in Dhanbad, the film revolves around true stories in a place called Wasseypur. Dhulia plays a negative character in “Gangs of Wasseypur”, which is produced and directed by Kashyap.
It also features Manoj Bajpai, Nawazuddin Siddiqui, Syed Zeeshan Quadri and Richa Chadda. The film is scheduled for a screening at the forthcoming Cannes International Film Festival at the Directors’ Fortnight section.
The entire duration of the film is five hour 20 minutes and Kashyap is releasing it in two parts. The first part will release June 22.
- People from outside Mumbai are very rooted: Tigmanshu Dhulia (Interview) - Aug 16, 2012
- 'Gangs of Wasseypur' impresses Shridhar Raghavan - Jun 17, 2012
- 'Gangs of Wasseypur 2' promises high octane thrills (IANS Preview) - Aug 07, 2012
- 'Gangs Of Wasseypur' - a romp into raw, rugged heartland (IANS Movie Review - Rating: ****) - Jun 22, 2012
- Gangs of Wasseypur very 'desi', fun film: Kashyap - May 03, 2012
- From director to actor, role reversal is in - Aug 30, 2012
- 'Gangs Of Wasseypur - Part 2' - more fast-paced, furious violence (IANS Movie Review) - Aug 09, 2012
- Nawazuddin stays away from Rakhi - Aug 01, 2012
- Watch love, crime sagas this weekend (IANS Preview) - Jun 19, 2012
- '...Wasseypur' premiere gets full house at Cannes (With Images) - May 23, 2012
- Beyond offbeat films, I want comedy, romance: Mahie Gill - Feb 25, 2012
- Nawazuddin feels training must for actors - May 27, 2012
- Nawazuddin gets late recognition, says it's never too late - Jun 03, 2012
- Actors are selfish as compared to directors: Nawazuddin - Jun 10, 2012
- 'Gangs of Wasseypur 2' has its own place: Richa Chadda - Aug 04, 2012
Tags: biwi, cannes international film festival, coal, directors fortnight, gangs, gangster, international film festival, kashyap, mafia, manoj bajpai, mumbai, nation school, nsd, paan, praises, quadri, richa, theatrical trailer, trailer release, true stories