Tiger Woods’ dropped from own video game coverApril 8th, 2011 - 11:57 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
New York, April 8 (THAINDIAN NEWS) EA Sports has released “Tiger Woods PGA Tour 12” but for the first time in the game franchise’s history the cover does not have Tiger Woods. Instead a big logo of The Masters has been placed on the cover.
The logo depicts the digitization of the Augusta National golf course. The game maker and Augusta reached an agreement for the course to be included in the Tiger Woods series. The officials of the golf course explained that they decided to allow the course to be digitized because they wanted to grow the popularity of the Masters in children.
The Chairman of Augusta National, Billy Payne, explained that, “Tiger has an exclusive arrangement with them (EA). When we embraced the game some two years ago, we took it as the partnership of us, EA and Tiger. We are very proud of that. It has proven to be an enormous success, and we think it will impact kids in a very positive way.”
The proceeds from the arrangement with EA would be used to fund the Masters Tournament Foundation which is a program to support the growth of golf throughout the world. This is the first time that the Masters can be played on the game.
- Tiger Woods removed from cover of his own video game - Jan 07, 2011
- Fans & sponsors welcome Tiger Woods' decision to play at the Masters - Mar 17, 2010
- Condoleezza Rice breaks into all-male US golf club - Aug 21, 2012
- Augusta eatery offering 'Tiger Homewrecker' burger - Apr 11, 2011
- I am trying to become a better person, says Tiger Woods - Apr 03, 2011
- Montgomerie expects Tiger Woods finish in top five at Augusta National - Apr 07, 2011
- Tiger Woods has 'a great chance' to win the Masters, says Seve Ballesteros - Mar 24, 2010
- Augusta's chairman rebukes Woods - Apr 08, 2010
- Woods' caddie confident crowd will be kind in comeback tournament - Mar 31, 2010
- BBC correspondent reported on Tiger Woods' return from wrong golf course - Apr 25, 2010
- Woods return at Augusta Masters tournament will not be surprising: Nicklaus - Mar 04, 2010
- "Tiger Woods' Masters win a possibility" - Apr 04, 2010
- Woods says he can win Augusta, aiming for gold standard of Jack Nicklaus - Apr 06, 2011
- Woods grabs the headlines - deserved or not - Apr 07, 2010
- Tiger Woods' to make his golf comeback at the Masters Tournament in April - Mar 16, 2010
Tags: augusta national golf, augusta national golf course, billy payne, digitization, game cover, game franchise, game maker, masters tournament, national golf course, partnership, popularity, proceeds, Sports, tiger, tiger woods pga tour, video game