Thurman’s wears salwar-kameez for TV showFebruary 3rd, 2012 - 2:03 pm ICT by IANS
London, Feb 3 (IANS) It seems actress Uma Thurman is fascinated with Indian clothes — she filmed new telivision show “Smash” in a salwar kameez.
The pink attire the 41-year-old wore was embellished with gold, and Uma accessorised it with fuschia lipstick and a bright pink bindi, reports the sun.co.uk.
It’s been said that the actress has a deep connection with India. She spent part of her childhood living in the Almora district, now in Uttarakhand and was named Uma by her dad, who is a Sanskrit scholar and a Tibetologist.
Uma will feature in five episodes of the musical drama, which centres on the people on stage and behind the scenes during the creation of a Broadway musical.
Produced by Steven Spielberg, the series also stars Debra Messing, Anjelica Huston and British actor Jack Davenport.
- Thurman to star as guest on small screen - Dec 10, 2011
- Megan Hilty & Katharine McPhee to star in NBC show 'Smash' - Feb 11, 2012
- Try a bindi now with Western wear - Mar 22, 2011
- Bollywood ladies stick to the sari at National Film Awards - Sep 09, 2011
- Julia Roberts gladly draped sari for 'Eat Pray Love': Indian co-star (With Images) - Aug 19, 2010
- Big B wants Katy Perry's autograph for granddaughter! - Apr 05, 2012
- KJo wants Ravi to dance on Bhojpuri songs (Movie Snippets) - Jun 30, 2012
- When Thurman felt like a sex object - Aug 21, 2012
- Bollywood fashion permeates Malay-Indians' Diwali celebrations - Oct 13, 2009
- Uma Thurman expecting girl? - Mar 08, 2012
- Is Uma Thurman a cougar? - Apr 08, 2011
- Indian brides cast off red - for purple, pink, mustard! - Sep 23, 2010
- Amy dazzles as princess in Indian attire - Mar 03, 2012
- Uma Thurman pregnant - Feb 28, 2012
- I'll be my real self in 'Kitani Mohabbat...2': Kritika Kamra - Oct 01, 2010
Tags: actress uma thurman, almora district, anjelica huston, bindi, british actor, broadway musical, dad, debra messing, India, indian clothes, jack davenport, lipstick, london feb, musical drama, salwar kameez, sanskrit scholar, steven spielberg, tv show, uma thurman, uttarakhand